Thread: 6.5 swede 1600 yards

Luke45

6.5 swede 1600 yards

first time stretching its legs this far, 2950 fps 140 amax. 1600 yards , took 3 shots to hit 12x20" plate. turn the volume up an Listen for the ring 7 seconds after the shot! just an audio .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyiczhYqFco

I love it that's awesome, how many inches of drop?

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Luke45
    921 inches, 54 MOA !

Team Savage
    That is so cool! Good job!

Hack

Spanky
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    That's so cool! I've yet to stretch my Swede past 500. I just read your older post about your rifle and load. I'm "only" getting 2880 from 44.3 gr of IMR 4350. Will be shooting tall target at 1000 to verify velocity for dope soon. Can't wait!

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by YDKDY View Post
    That's so cool! I've yet to stretch my Swede past 500. I just read your older post about your rifle and load. I'm "only" getting 2880 from 44.3 gr of IMR 4350. Will be shooting tall target at 1000 to verify velocity for dope soon. Can't wait!
    That's awesome! I was up around 3000 but backed it off a little !

D.ID
    Sweet!
    I needed that tonight, Thanks.

Dean, it's always been in the back of my mind to build a 6.5x55 Sweede. I hear they are awesome rifles.

Dennis

With a full case of RL22 or 4831sc and Win 780, you can be well over 3000 fps with no signs of pressure, with your load of 44gr you still have plenty of room in that case, "54gr plus" you should use they extra capacity, it will make a big difference at they other end.

Dean

Basic Member
    Assume you were referring to me Dean? I know I may not be shooting the best powder for the Swede with IMR 4350, but it was what was available at the time, and it does shoot well. I have since acquired some H4831 and will work up loads for that at some point, but I just want to get out and shoot the dang thing at long range instead of more load development. The interesting thing is that Quickload and published velocities indicate I should only be getting around 2750 with my load, and I'm seeing 2880 with two different chronographs.

Yes I was referring to you as well as any one else reading, if you have anywhere around 10% or more unused case volume with your current load, you are not using that case to it's full potential, and need to increase powder volume with a slower powder, when doing so I have always seen higher FPS and tighter groupings.

Dean

Luke45
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Yes I was referring to you as well as any one else reading, if you have anywhere around 10% or more unused case volume with your current load, you are not using that case to it's full potential, and need to increase powder volume with a slower powder, when doing so I have always seen higher FPS and tighter groupings.

Dean
    Dean you would be proud of me, compressed load of H4350 with 140s in mine! 47 gr

It brings a tear to my eye.

Dean

Now that's what I'm taking about! ..... 3 shots!......doesn't get any better! Well done!

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by YDKDY View Post
    Assume you were referring to me Dean? I know I may not be shooting the best powder for the Swede with IMR 4350, but it was what was available at the time, and it does shoot well. I have since acquired some H4831 and will work up loads for that at some point, but I just want to get out and shoot the dang thing at long range instead of more load development. The interesting thing is that Quickload and published velocities indicate I should only be getting around 2750 with my load, and I'm seeing 2880 with two different chronographs.
    I get the same thing with QL...always shows slower FPS than actual croney'd FPS. I can adjust the weighing factor or the BA value to match my chroney'd FPS or start about 5% below QL depending on powder.