Quote Originally Posted by Oafeng View Post
talked to savage last Monday they were just finishing up my gun. He rattled off a whole list of parts they swapped out and said it performs flawlessly now. Hopefully when I get home today UPS will deliver it. They had my gun for two weeks.
Took a good look as my issue with the mag was up too high and bolt slightly striking the magazine resulting in short stroke no pickup of round on a few occasions. The top of the mag being worn down at the rear by the bolt striking and rubbing it was fixed with a file to radius the rear of the mag. The relationship of the trigger group in the stock locates the magazine at the rear with the spring that locks it in place and the stock itself locks the front of the magazine in place when the plastic release clip snaps into the stock itself. No click then no lock into proper location. The action fit to the stock is critical as the magazine in no way is connected to the barrel bolt assembly. If the stock is loose then the relationship of barreled action to magazine is wrong and if too tight then its wrong again. Big difference on the action working or not. It seems to me that as the magazine is used more and more that the stock will wear down and will lose its relationship with magazine placement. Barreled action a bit too far forward or rearward makes for the same problem. I really like the rifle and the way it shoots but see so many ways that feeding malfunctions can happen and it may not be the magazine and may change each time you clean and assemble the rifle. I too have a new mag on the way but think the mag should have locked straight to the barreled action for perfect placement each time. Just a guess on my part as I hope this keeps shooting as it does.