Thread: Should Reticle jump around...

Basic Member

Should Reticle jump around...

When adjusting ocular focus? Sorry, rhetorical question. I just noticed when pointing the scope against the sky that the reticle jumps if I touch or move the focus ring! ... Which means I've wasted a lot of ammo working up OCW loads, with frustrating results over the past few months. I'd load up 20 rds of a load that look promising, and shoot a 5 shot ragged hole, followed by a 5 shot shotgun spread. Couldn't figure it out

Today I removed the POS Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn scope and installed the original Nikon Pro Staff 3-12 X 40, and waddaya know…….. I can shoot after all

Scope is only a few months old, so it's going back for a little tune up, or maybe a trade in.

On another note…..I missed out on a very good Nikon Elite 6-36 X50 scope at the grand opening of a new "cheaper than……you know what" store nearby, priced at……$79.00 !!! I know, but don't wet you pants just yet…..

I took it to the counter and the cashier rang it up, $995.00 I'm like, "holy ****ake mushrooms"!

After much discussion with the manager, they refused to sell it to me at the advertised price. I know, I could have pressed the issue, but didn't.

Live and learn.

Basic Member
    you'll find many complaints of Nikons as well. I stick to luepold or vortex anymore...I am trying one of those primary arms scopes since there's so much good reviews on them.

Never seen a Nikon elite.

Basic Member
    And you may never hope to see one! Actually, you're right, Robinhood, and I only saw this one for just a few minutes, but thinking back it must have been a Bushnell Elite. A very nice looking scope and at $79.00 was within my budget…LOL.

Basic Member
    REALLY!….you edited out a name for a mushroom???? REALLY? How do you go looking for those in a store. "I looking for some ****aki Mushrooms". And the guy answers, "yea, there next to the ***atoes?