Thread: Can I purchase a gun without the stock or switch a barrell out on a 93r17?+supressors

Basic Member

Can I purchase a gun without the stock or switch a barrell out on a 93r17?+supressors

Want a silencer for my 93r17 TR, didnt go with the TRRSR because it was 250 more than the regular TR everywhere I could find them. All the good gunsmiths say they charge 100 for barrel threading so I figured Id go that route but now I wonder if I can just buy a TRRSR barrel either from savage or somewhere else if possible or are the barrels unable to be removed?
    2nd- What is a cheaper suppressor for the 17 hmr?

Read the last post, it pretty much sums up the answer to your first question.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...MR-barrel-swap
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Most of what you're paying extra for on the TRR-SR is that ridiculous rail-type thing they put on it that's totally and completely useless. Just buy the TR and have your local gunsmith thread the barrel for a silencer, you'll be money ahead in the long run.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Most of what you're paying extra for on the TRR-SR is that ridiculous rail-type thing they put on it that's totally and completely useless. Just buy the TR and have your local gunsmith thread the barrel for a silencer, you'll be money ahead in the long run.
    That was my thinking exactly, what am I going to put a flashlight on it for all the night CQB Im going to be shooting with it? lol. I couldve bought the FV SR from cabellas with a flash surpressor for 340 but then Id still need to spend another 100$ on a boyd TR stock and that would cost more than what I paid for my TR plus I would've lost the 21" fluted.