Thread: Savage MSRP?

USA

Savage MSRP?

I got a quote from the Savage custom shop for $1000 MSRP. My cousin has a FFL and I was wondering what his cost would be on the gun. Anyone know? Thanks

beerme

Re: Savage MSRP?

did you think to ask him?
    or maybe tell us what the rifle is?

we definately need more info.

If you are getting something from the custom shop the price could be the same for everyone. Not sure if they will give him something from the custom shop at dealer cost or not.

Best bet is to have him call and get a quote and see what the difference is.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

USA

I didn't want to bother him since I'm not ready to order right now. Just hoped someone with an FFL or knowledge could tell me the % difference from their MSRP and actual cost.

corelokt

My 250-3000 14 classic, from the custom shop, ran me in the $800's. Very nice wood, and says "custom order" on the barrel.

Eric in NC

Large distributors get discounts - I am betting that an individual ordering one custom gun would pay the same whether they are an FFL holder or not.

Now if your FFL holding cuz wants a run of 2,500 custom rifles, then I bet you guys could get a discount!