Thread: New 93R17 TR with some extras

Basic Member

New 93R17 TR with some extras

I finally decided I wanted a .17 HMR and after looking around for a month or so this was really the one I had to have (the thumbhole stock is a very close second). Mostly longer range target shooting with this gun. Wanted accuracy on a budget
    NcSTAR MKIII 6x24x50mm mil dot very nice scope for the money, I have read a few bad reviews online but only from people putting them on .308s,.300 win mags, etc. The scope is pretty crystal clear, illuminated reticle is useful but only for that short period of time when the sun starts to go down behind the mountains (I'm in Colorado :))
    it was extremely easy to bore sight, then zero at 100, hold one mil down at 200 and its dead on. So far loving this rifle other than the stock 5 round mag would spit all the ammo out about 2/3 of the time until I gently took a channel lock to it. So far great gun, happy to have a savage.

smacking some cinder blocks today at 180y. The .17 g vmax puts some nice dents in them but no full penetration like at closer ranges.
    Last edited by Lorenzo; 03-25-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: adding more pictures

Basic Member
    Nice rig, and you'll get a lot of fun and use from it!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    I finally decided I wanted a .17 HMR and after looking around for a month or so this was really the one I had to have (the thumbhole stock is a very close second). Mostly longer range target shooting with this gun. Wanted accuracy on a budget
    NcSTAR MKIII 6x24x50mm mil dot very nice scope for the money, I have read a few bad reviews online but only from people putting them on .308s,.300 win mags, etc. The scope is pretty crystal clear, illuminated reticle is useful but only for that short period of time when the sun starts to go down behind the mountains (I'm in Colorado :))
    it was extremely easy to bore sight, then zero at 100, hold one mil down at 200 and its dead on. So far loving this rifle other than the stock 5 round mag would spit all the ammo out about 2/3 of the time until I gently took a channel lock to it. So far great gun, happy to have a savage.

smacking some cinder blocks today at 180y. The .17 g vmax puts some nice dents in them but no full penetration like at closer ranges.
    a few new pics in there

rman
    That looks just like my Grandson's .17. I hope it shoots as well too.

Looks good! The 17hmr is a lot of fun, I like mine really well. Enjoy!
    Scooter