Thread: Apache lead times

badmutha6

Apache lead times

Anyone know about how long it is between the times closes orders and reopens? I'd prefer to support a small business when I order that 6.5 Creed barrel but if its going to be a few months before I can even place the order and only if I'm lucky enough to get on the computer when he's accepting orders...

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I depends on if he likes you or not. My last order was on hold for 3 months then sent back with a note saying "we don't do any work for your kind of people" - I think it's because I lived in NY some years back.

All kidding aside, go to his site & drop him a note. Great guy to deal with. He'll let you know if he's busy (fishing, hunting - not working) and how long it'll take.

Great guy to deal with.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    I depends on if he likes you or not. My last order was on hold for 3 months then sent back with a note saying "we don't do any work for your kind of people" - I think it's because I lived in NY some years back.
    LOOOOOOOOOOL

Really though, like he said, shoot him an email. He's good people. And does GREAT work.

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    Now thats funny! Lol
    +1 err +2 i guess lol....Jims great to deal with and he will get back to ya quick and let you know. Hes trying to get things sorted out to keep his lead time down as much as possible. Just drop him and line and ask him.
    Scooter

Basic Member
    I have Jim's website up on my kindle. Every time I walk by I refresh it. I was too slow the last two times he was open. I have an email already to reply to for my new 243 barrel I want. I'm going to get in this time. Lol

He'll post on his site when he's getting close to reopening orders so you don't need to watch it quite THAT close. It'll probably be at least a couple weeks. I think he just closed then down not long ago. You can still send him an email or a PM here and touch base so he knows you're planning on ordering.

Sorry about closing this guys, I tried to move it over to the Apache forum unsuccessfully and forgot to uncheck it afterwards. When I closed another thread, it closed this one too since it was still checked for moderation. Carry on :)
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Rob44
    I placed an order within hours of him accepting new orders it's been about a month,,I contacted him about a week ago with an e-mail change and inquired as to when I would be expecting the New Barrel and he told me 6 weeks give or take,,I don't know if he meant 6 weeks from order date or 6 weeks from his last e-mail to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rob44 View Post
    I placed an order within hours of him accepting new orders it's been about a month,,I contacted him about a week ago with an e-mail change and inquired as to when I would be expecting the New Barrel and he told me 6 weeks give or take,,I don't know if he meant 6 weeks from order date or 6 weeks from his last e-mail to me
    Could go either way. Jim's lead times are normally relatively short, if he can get the blank shipped to him quickly. Most of mine he has built for me have been 3 weeks or less, but the last two barrels I ordered took like 8 weeks because he had to wait for the blanks to become available.

Jim is a great guy to deal with and does exceptional work. He is my go to for my barrels.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM