Thread: Stevens 22lr/410

over/under

Stevens 22lr/410

I have recently purchased a close to new Stevens Chicopee Falls 22lr/410 straight solid wood stock and forend. Patent Pending no dates or #s. Break it apart and on reciever and barrel 36QR any ideas on dates.

Not really, what you found was an assemblers mark after there done fitting the pieces together.

If it's Stevens and doesn't say Savage, it's an early 24, actually a 22/410, don't think they even called them 24's till Savage took over.

Made before 1949 for sure. Funny that it's in such good condition for it's age.
    Savage- "never say never".

over/under
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Not really, what you found was an assemblers mark after there done fitting the pieces together.

If it's Stevens and doesn't say Savage, it's an early 24, actually a 22/410, don't think they even called them 24's till Savage took over.

Made before 1949 for sure. Funny that it's in such good condition for it's age.
    When I took it to my local FFL to have new fire pins put in it he said he had never seen one in this shape. I'll try to post pics once I figure out how to. I have several over unders and this one takes the cake by far. By the way it shoots AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I've got a 24DL in 22/410 and it's a great little bird gun, gonna add a peep sight to it I think though.

Also have a Savage 242 410/410 that I've never had in the bush yet, probably never will, it doesn't have a scratch on it, looks like it just came out the factory door.
    Savage- "never say never".

over/under
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Yep, I've got a 24DL in 22/410 and it's a great little bird gun, gonna add a peep sight to it I think though.

Also have a Savage 242 410/410 that I've never had in the bush yet, probably never will, it doesn't have a scratch on it, looks like it just came out the factory door.
    Don't blame ya a bit for keeping in factory.
    Just put a few rounds through both barrels, what a sweat heart. Next weekend should be rabbits and squirrels with grand kids.