Thread: apache gun works

Basic Member

apache gun works

Their site says orders are closed. Never ordered from them before. Was this for a group buy or lack of product etc. Looking to place an order.

Basic Member
    Jim is a one man show running out of his Garage. He does amazing work. I recent shot a 5 shot 1.438" group at 415yds with a 243 barrel he did for me. In order to keep waits to a minute he has begun to close orders for a period of time until he gets caught up. This is to keep wait times after ordering down to a more reasonable time frame. Keep a look out on his site though as he updates it pretty frequently with dates that he'll re-open for orders.

Basic Member
    Ok thanks I didn't know.

Basic Member
    yep. He used to open for orders until he had enough for a two week turn around time Then he learned to many people were getting shut-out every time he opened up because he got filled so quickly the average person couldn't get in and place an order before he had to close! Now he leaves his window open longer, but is more backed-up. I know this, he's running 14-15 hours a day seven days a week.

Whatcha gonna do? I asked him if I could fly down there and give him a hand, but my wife got to him too quick and advised him against the idea. She still won't let me handle an electric screwdriver!

D.ID
    I have one of his barrels grouping 1/2" at 400 and another just under an inch at that distance or 1/8 moa and 1/4 moa respectfully..........In other words he does Great work.

Basic Member
    Thanks I was going between one of his barrels and either a shillen or shaw. Probably will be his.

Quote Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
    I have one of his barrels grouping 1/2" at 400 and another just under an inch at that distance or 1/8 moa and 1/4 moa respectfully..........In other words he does Great work.
    WOW! What caliber?
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain[/FONT][/COLOR]

D.ID
    Both in 338 edge.

Basic Member
    Jim is great to answer your questions by email and get on the list.

Jim is a one man show running out of his Garage. He does amazing work. I recent shot a 5 shot 1.438" group at 415yds with a 243 barrel he did for me. In order to keep waits to a minute he has begun to close orders for a period of time until he gets caught up. This is to keep wait times after ordering down to a more reasonable time frame. Keep a look out on his site though as he updates it pretty frequently with dates that he'll re-open for orders.
    I will second the above statement about Jim. He was overloaded within 3 months, does great work.