Thread: Friggin Boyds!

Friggin Boyds!

Just got my 3rd Boyds stock in the door, opened it up and pow, realised it was a Varmint Thumbhole, not the Featherweight Thumbhole I'd ordered.

At first I figured maybe it was my bad so I checked my order on the Boyds website, yep, first two letters of the order were "FT" for Featherweight Thumbhole.

Sent them a note letting them know what happened so hopefully someone out on the floor gets a slap upside the head and this won't happen again in the future but as far as returning it I told them I'm in Canada and don't really want to go through the whole ordeal of sending it back, it took long enough to get it, who knows maybe I'll get used to the wider forearm.

It's a perfect fit, just not what I ordered.
    Savage- "never say never".

jsmith
    They make a dang nice stock for a good price, but they need to work on their logistics and customer service. Their websites all messed up right now, too.

I don't know if he ever realized how big he would get. With growth comes pain.

SparkyLB
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I don't know if he ever realized how big he would get. With growth comes pain.
    Brings up a good point. I love "mom & pop" shops. You get better customer service, you can "speak to the boss," and hammer out problems readily (usually). With the giants (Walmart comes to mind) this is rarely the case.

A byproduct of the success these small shops experience; is that they are prone to dropping the ball. Certainly it's not out of malice, but just more calls coming in than the phone can handle.

I sometimes ask myself why don't they just hire more hands. That's what the giants would do. And there you have it. Circular reasoning. Mom and Pop shops are inherently more likely to disappoint a few folks. They're also more likely to gain customers for life. If this is a problem, then I don't know what the solution is.

Basic Member
    I do like their stocks, and the price, but dang it, that new website is TERRIBLE!

I do like their stocks, though... and their prices.

Did I mention I like their stocks, and their prices??? :)

MD, I will be real curious to hear how they respond to you. They screwed-up, international dealings are a pain in the butt... wouldn't it be cool if they just cough up another one and tell you to keep what you got?

Can't see that happening but I'll let you guys know what they say.

I heard a rumor that a guy I know might be opening a Canadian dept for Boyds up here which would make sending screw ups back a lot easier.

There is a thread around here somewhere on Boyds web site and CS that caused me to buy a B&C stock at nearly 3 times the cost. Am curious if they respond to you at all, hence, I’m subbing to this thread.
    Gary...Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

itsmeken
    I wish you the best in getting this resolved. Today marks the end of a five month ordeal with Boyd's. Back in October of 2014 my son and I ordered stocks. They arrived fairly quickly and we were both very pleased with the appearance. His action dropped right in perfectly. Happy boy. Mine, did not. Unhappy boy. I called and talked with several people, getting passed around, and they all told me I was wrong and it did fit my action. So, I sent photos to prove it did not fit correctly. I had to birddog them every step of the way to finally get them to agree they miscut the stock. After getting passed around some more they agreed to have me send them the stock and, gulp, my mag insert and trigger. I did so reluctantly as I really wanted a stock that fit correctly. They made all kinds of commitments and never followed up without me having to get on the phone and/or email to inquire and complain. They eventually got it right and I did finally get my gun parts back. However, had I not played the role of project manager it never would have happened.

Let me add that they are all very nice people. All were very courteous and I really do believe they care about their customers. As a business owner myself, it was obvious they do not have processes in place to handle customer issues. Internal communication is poor at best. If they do have processes it's based on the Post-It Note and it's not working. Towards the end I was ready to start my own gun stock manufacturing business!

My advice...document your interactions, get names and email addresses. Provide photographic evidence of your claim. Be prepared to call or email the day after a commitment has not been honored. Be patient, kind, and assertive. They will do the right thing by you in the end. Good luck!

I can't even argue with them because they haven't even responded to my first email yet.

Basic Member
    Different part, same problem. The good thing is that the Apex trigger guard fits the 110 so it wasn't a big deal for me. I still haven't had an email response or a return phone call.