Thread: Not ANOTHER ammo scare !?! 223

n4ue

Not ANOTHER ammo scare !?! 223

Hi, I traveled to my closest Gander Mtn store yesterday to pick up a couple of plastic rifle cases.
    I got there at 9:40 AM, and thought they were closed. No cars in the parking lot......
    Anyway, I was the first customer. I thought the hoarders of .22lr ammo would be there.

I always ask every sporting good employee (at every store) the following:

"Hi, I DON'T want any, just curious about the .22LR ammo situation".

The nice young guy at GM said, "It's not as bad as it was." He then went on to say in the 2 days after the announcement of the possible restriction of "green tip" .223 ammo, they were cleaned out of all kinds of 223. He said they sold over $100K worth. Today, I get an email from Midway advising to 'stock up while you can'.... WTF?

The GM guy said he thought there might be another shortage of AR magazines, again.
    Remember that?

The Prez can't get your guns, but he might make the ammo unavailable. Glad I stocked up a long time ago......

SIGH.....

ron

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I went thru the same BS last year when 7n6 (5.45x39) was suddenly declared "armor piercing" ammo an may penetrate a vest if fired from a SBR / ak74 pistol or some crap.
    I watched as the price went thru the roof and availability went south.

Much like yourself, I already had my lifetime supply but I still try to snag a little when the opportunity presents itself.

If you ain't stocked up by now, better get a move on. I even collect rocks. Just in case I run out of ammo I'll still have something to throw.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Twinsen
    I'm looking to dump my M855 for M193 in larger quantity. It was a bit more expensive.

Basic Member
    This is exactly what I was afraid would happen. A few weeks ago Natchez ran a whole email special on green tips and if I remember correctly you could get 1000 for $350. Then, word got out about the possible ban and I've seen the same case for as much as $750 and of course even at that price they are all gone. My first thought was "man I hope this doesn't bleed over into the regular .223/556.

Twinsen
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    This is exactly what I was afraid would happen. A few weeks ago Natchez ran a whole email special on green tips and if I remember correctly you could get 1000 for $350. Then, word got out about the possible ban and I've seen the same case for as much as $750 and of course even at that price they are all gone. My first thought was "man I hope this doesn't bleed over into the regular .223/556.
    I guess I need to bring mine to a gunshow to dump it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    I guess I need to bring mine to a gunshow to dump it.
    If i understand correctly once it is banned you can possess it and shoot it but can't buy, sell, trade or give it away.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

maxl
    There could be another angle to this story, our military no longer uses m855 they now use m855A1 what better way to get rid of millions of rounds of useless ammo then to create a PROPOSED ban scare.just sayin