Thread: Savage Stock by E. Arthur Brown question

Basic Member

Savage Stock by E. Arthur Brown question

Their laminated stocks look a lot like Boyds but they come with the pillars installed and ready for installation of action. Their Thumbhole Varmint looks like it'll fit my Model 12 BVSS, and since I am going to have to bed my action anyway, I'm thinking of getting a new stock and bedding it. Anyone have experience with this company?

Thanks, guys, for any help or suggestions.

Basic Member
    The r credible and sound. I've bought their 10/22 barrels. THey were pretty good. Don't know anything about their stocks, but they do good work.

Basic Member
    I've bought several items from them (including my favorite, and most accurate rifle in 6PPC) and have always been pleased with their workmanship and their after-market customer support. I've not purchased one of their stocks, and I would strongly suggest to you that you start up a dialogue with them and get all your questions answered to your satisfaction before pulling the trigger on a new stock. My experience with the company is that they will put you in touch with a technically competent person to discuss the details.

Eabco is a great place to do business with. I would call them and verify that they do have what you are wanting in stock. I had had a couple experiences where I ordered something that showed in stock online but was in fact back ordered.

I don't understand why Boyd's doesn't install pillars. It would be worth it to pay the additional cost to have an installation option.
    Last edited by GaCop; 03-09-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    I don't understand why Boyd's doesn't install pillars. It would be worth it to pay the additional cost to have the option to have them installed.
    Ive said the same thing for awhile now too. Heres an interesting note though. Boyds sells stocks for the ruger american with pillars. Granted theyre v blocks for that action but if theyre going out of their way to add metal blocks to their kits they may as well do the same as an option for others.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
    Ive said the same thing for awhile now too. Heres an interesting note though. Boyds sells stocks for the ruger american with pillars. Granted theyre v blocks for that action but if theyre going out of their way to add metal blocks to their kits they may as well do the same as an option for others.
    Agreed!

Basic Member
    I'll give E.A.Brown a call and find out what is available for my BVSS. I'll be sure to report back once I have it in hand. Thanks, guys!