Hey guys,
New to to your community but not shooting.
I am a competitive shooter and am looking to get a little more accustom to long range. What I know is that I have a lot to learn from people that already figured alot of this stuff out.
What I want is an easy to shoot 1000 yrd gun that I can get running with less effort. I have selected the 260 round based on its flat shooting characteristics, bucks wind and extended barrel life. Also I would like to add a gas gun down the road. So already having the ammo dialed in will help with that build.

My main area of competition is 3Gun. I will use this rifle mainly for bonus targets. Usually 2MOA or smaller from 600 to 900 or whatever the match director dreams up. I plan to shoot some PRS matches and will most likely be using a comp on the barrel. I may suppress it from time to time, but the primary function will be comped.

I am planning on putting a 6-24x50 Vortex PST on top. I'm guessing I will need medium rings and some kind of MOA rail. 20? 30?
Here is a slight curve ball. I am left handed, Left eye dominate but want a right handed gun. I will keep my left hand on fire control while I run the bolt with my right hand.
My build so far is planned to be a hog hunter model 11(thanks Twinsen), re-barreled with a 24" or 26" criterion barrel. Either dropped in a McRee chassis or XLR chassis. Or keep it cheap and figure out an adustable cheakweld solution and bottom metal on a bell and carelson tactical medalist stock. (Or HS precision.) I want 10 round AICS mags.

Here is where I need your help! These are all just words to me... I have now heard from guys running chassis that the flex to much and the don't load up the same. So stick with a stock. or 100 other little bits of info that sway people one way or another.

About me; I shoot pistol probably the best. I can describe a 100 things I like about a double stack 1911 over a polymer frame gun. But where the rubber meets the road, I can shoot both with almost the same results. I have a $2000 dollar STI that I feel like I shoot way better than a $500 Glock. The timer doesn't always agree...

One of the things I really like about the Savage platform is I can change the barrel out myself. I feel like I can keep things under control and easily change caliber if I so desire later. I have seen 1/3 MOA out a build similar to what I describe.
Thats all the time for rambling I have for now.
Thanks in advance!