Thread: savage model 25 pump

savage model 25 pump

Hi - New to this site trying to figure it out. I have a savage model 25 22cal S. L. Lr. octagon barrel s/n 35xx made 1925 to 1929 open rear sight front sight with ring that folds down to reveal another sight

top tang has two holes for peep sight and four holes on top flat of barrel for scope not sure if holes are factory or after thought or what brand or numbers would work.

what I am mainly looking for is a place to buy forearm and screws mine has one hole on each side of slide. Or dimensions and maybe a picture to make a new one as there is not a lot of any info out there
    any info would be helpful thank you

The four holes on top for the scope aren't factory but the tang holes for the peep sight are.

Sounds like you have a Lyman #5 combination front sight, don't usually see those on pump rimfires.

When Sav22 gets here and see's this post he should have some pics for you. Numrichs is showing they're sold out.
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member
    I looked to see if I had any pictures that might help you, found a couple but they might not be much help.

In this picture the top two are 25's with the very top having a forearm like yours, the third & farther down are 29's & 29-A's & 29-B's and you can see from the location of the mounting holes a forearm from one of those would not work -

This picture shows two 1914's (top) & then some some versions of the 25 including a house brand at the bottom - the 1914 forearm looks almost identical in these picture but I have never tried to put one on a 25 - and I am not even sure if all 1914 forearms from early to late production are exactly the same.

savage 25

Maddog thanks for the info. I figured as much on the scope mounts. I saw a marbles S2 rear peep on ebay that was for a model 25 but I want to figure out the forearm first.
    THANKS AGAIN

Sav22 Thanks for the pictures, the 1914 sure does looks close but trying to find anyone that even list a forearm for either model is hard, let alone someone having one for sale. Could I bother you for some measurements
    Again THANKS FOR THE HELP