Thread: axis xp vs heavy barrel

SThomas3791

axis xp vs heavy barrel

i have an axis xp in 308 and now im looking for another. i see i can get the axis heavy barrel for about $15 more than the base axis. i can then use the $50 mail in rebate on the heavy barrel bringing it in the $250 range. my question is, what is the difference other than the barrel between the two? same triggers? stock? same rifle basically 1.5lbs heavier and a beefier barrel? thanks for any info

Basic Member
    Good question, I would think the stock for the most part would be the same. Obviously, the barrel channel would be opened up, and we have heard the HB models have the diamond cross pattern inside the stock to add some support. Besides that and the larger barrel seems to me everything else would be the same.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

SThomas3791
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Good question, I would think the stock for the most part would be the same. Obviously, the barrel channel would be opened up, and we have heard the HB models have the diamond cross pattern inside the stock to add some support. Besides that and the larger barrel seems to me everything else would be the same.
    thanks! i was thinking that was the only difference but wasnt 100% sure. just wanted to make sure.