Every now and then Outdoor Life Magazine offers a free preview of some of their older magazines online to entice people to digitally subscribe (if you do, you get access to every issue they have ever printed online). Right now they have the February 1915 issue free to browse and while looking through it I found this and thought it was worth sharing.

Now I have two 99's with the lever safety, and while I've yet to have a chance to shoot either yet I'm having a hard time picturing how this guy could experience this same issue on "a few dozen" different 99's - in fact the only way I think it could happen that frequently would be through operator error. Both of mine feel a bit gummy in actuation (both probably need a good internal cleaning after 90 and 59 years), and being left-handed I can't really duplicate his second finger hitting the safety lever and causing it comment.

So has anyone ever experienced or even heard of this before? If nothing else it will be a good laugh and conversation starter. lol