I have been looking to purchase a long range rifle in 6.5 creedmoor. I have a Savage 110 in 7mm Rem mag. I don't shoot it often and have considered selling it. Based on a coworkers comment I am thinking of converting it to 6.5 creedmoor for the long range gun (1k yards) and hunting (300 to 400 yards). But more of a focus on long range. Here are the specs on the rifle.

Model 110 FXP - one place says it is a walmart package gun like the GXP. I have looked up the replacement barrel number in 7MMRM to try to determine the thread/shank size. It shows BBL 7MMRM/24 SP P/N 100006.

I want to use a bull barrel, but not a bench rest barrel. I want to use the same stock, but unsure if I can. I am OK replacing the stock if needed, but don't want to spend too much (would rather put the money in the scope). I also thinking I will have to replace modify the mag as well.

What advice do you have on parts I would need. I am looking for a good barrel, but not the high dollar match barrels.

My questions are mainly barrel including shank size, stock suggestions, mag mods. I am assuming I can use the same bolt.

Thanks in advance.