Good Evening All,

Before I began, I wanted to let everyone know that I finally remembered to do a search of the forums BEFORE asking this question!!

I was wandering if anyone would happen to know what the chamber/reamer specs. for my Mod. 12 F/TR in .308 Win. are?? I've searched the Internet over today trying to find this info, but with no luck. With as many Savage Mod. 12 F/TR's as are out there, I would have thought that at least SOMEONE would have either gotten hold of a copy of the chamber or reamer specs, or had made a lead mold of the chamber or something of the sort. I am especially interested in knowing the neck size and free bore so I might have some idea as to what bullets I want to start out working with. What I HAVE found in my research today are several 'horror' stories of folks who loaded up their "correctly" sized and trimmed brass, loaded a 185-grn. Jugg to "correct" depth only to find that their bolt would not close on the round, etc., etc., etc.. Now, I'm certainly far from an expert when it comes to loading match ammo with long bullets, but I am smart enough to realize that there are MANY reasons why the previous could have happened, more than a few of which could have been caused by "operator error!!" At this point, I sure don't want to take the barrel off this gun just to make a lead mold of the chamber!! I would sure appreciate it if anyone having this info could pass it along.

Regards,
Ernie