Thread: Sinclair Bore Guide for Mark II TR 22LR

Sinclair Bore Guide for Mark II TR 22LR

Does anyone know if the Sinclair bore guide for the Mark II rimfire actions will work on the TR 22lr? Thanks

Don't know why it wouldn't - it's still a Mark II. Only thing different about the TR is the stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks J.Baker...I will give one a try

AnthonyZ
    Quote Originally Posted by wjwillia View Post
    Does anyone know if the Sinclair bore guide for the Mark II rimfire actions will work on the TR 22lr? Thanks
    On their website someone commented that it does not fit for their TR without modification.
    It's a shame as I am in the same boat. I will try a universal and holler back.

nope. Universal kit doesn't work due to extractor.
    Last edited by AnthonyZ; 03-07-2015 at 08:04 PM.

The extractor is in the bolt, you're probably referring to the standing ejector which still shouldn't be a problem. So what exactly prevents the Sinclair from working in the TR? Unless Sinclair has changed their design since I bought mine 10 years ago I can't see how/why it wouldn't work. Here's a couple shots of mine.

This shows the bottom of the bore-guide. The machined channel is to clear the sear block that protrudes up through the bottom of the action (drops when trigger is pulled). The notched out area (at the top in photo) is what allows clearance for the standing ejector.

Side profile with the top being on the right

This shows the bore guide it in the rifle.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

That is a very nice piece of wood, Jim.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Stop looking at my wood you pervert! ROFL (sorry, that was too good not to take advantage of)

And yes, it's a VERY nice piece of wood.

AnthonyZ
    I ordered one to find out as I do need one. Will keep the boards posted

gilream
    What a nice post and great pics J. Baker. Pretty sure that this is the same action as is my Savage Mark II SV-SR? I'll order from Sinclair TODAY. I've cleaned my rifle after the first 65 shots WITHOUT a bore guide and I don't wish to do that again. What a fun little rifle.

What I suspect is maybe those having issue with them with their TR's is that they're trying to use them upside down (solid side of the bore-guide on the bottom). One would think that would make the most sense as the purpose of the bore guide is to prevent cleaning goop from getting down into the trigger mechanism. However, due to the standing ejector that simply isn't possible and thus the notches side has to face down. Fortunately the open area pretty much falls right over the magazine port so any goop that does come off the brush/mop/jag will fall into there rather than into the trigger mechanism and can easily be wiped away or gotten at with an old toothbrush or the like.

I should also note that both of my Savage rimfires are older models, not the newer E-receivers. Shouldn't make any difference as I've used the same guide in a couple E-receiver review guns over the years, but that's not to say something couldn't have changed recently that I didn't catch.

Thanks guys for the reply...that is a beautiful stock J.Baker...I ordered one from Sinclair and it fit fine in the TR...as J.Baker mentioned, the open side of the guide goes in facing downward...thanks all

gilream
    I found that Sinclair did not carry the bore guide that I needed for my Mark II FV-SR. They recommended I call Possum Hollow directly which I did. The Possum Hollow product number for my rifle is #175

Thanks gilream...I will check them out too

Possum Hollow is who makes the Sinclair Bore Guides. Here's the Sinclair part #'s

749-002-595WS - all Savage Mark I/II/93R in 17 HMR & 17 Mach2
    749-002-593WS - all Savage Mark I/II/93R in .22LR and 22WMR

Jim I'd send that rifle back as Savage screwed up & put the bolt on the wrong side, must have been made early monday or late friday.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain[/FONT][/COLOR]