Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savage Hate

Mach2

Freestyle said:
    recently my youngest a Savage 114 American Classic.
    That is a very nice looking rifle. Not inex[pensive either

Hallbilly
    Savage's don't seem to be common over here.

Usual conversation at the range :
    "What have you got there ?"
    "Savage"
    "Cool, can I have a look"

When you recover targets :
    "How did you do ?"
    (Show target)
    "Blood hell" (Silence)

I'm more than happy with my 10FP in 308. I thought about replacing the stock, but after my latest group of 7mm @ 100m - the standard stock is just fine, thanks.
    (that's 0.27 MOA) I don't have to worry about upgrading anymore - that group is about the best I could ask for, from ANY rifle. It' s better than USMC demand of the M40.
    I didn't buy Remington because a lot of different dealers advised me they had lost their quality edge over the last 10 years.
    Nothing wrong with Savage, I was so happy with my 10FP I bought 2 more Savage bolt actions.

One analogy I would like to make is that not all of us shoot at the same levels of expertise nor do we feel the need to. If you owned a '65 Mustang GT 350 and enjoyed driving it, would you have to have a Shelby 429 KR to compare it to? If the GT 350 makes you happy, that's all that counts.

I'm happy when shooting my rifle and get the results I expect. I'm not a competitive shooter, so do not require the tightest of tolerances, the finest barrels, the tightest actions or the most sensitive triggers. I like shooting my Savage rifle and that's good enough for me. I'm too old to worry about the details when the overall picture is to enjoy myself.

My primary interests are hunting and with the amount of practice I get on the range, I am satisfied with the end results in the field - I rarely miss - that makes me . . . happy! Enjoy yourself first.

bobbyj

Uhh, that would be 428 KR... (wink-wink) From one old ford man to another... and of course I would be happy with either...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Quote Originally Posted by EFBell View Post
    Uhh, that would be 428 KR... (wink-wink) From one old ford man to another... and of course I would be happy with either...
    Oops, clumsy of me, EFBell. Mine was a 1968 Mustang with a 289 cid 4-speed with Holley carb, dressed up with Cragar Mags (deep dish on the rear). Color was Dark British Racing Green. I still have dreams about that car. Unfortunately, a guy in a '66 Chevy 396 took my front end off at an intersection one sunny Sunday afternoon in '72. He apparently thought it was okay to run the STOP sign at a very high rate of speed. I walked away but will always remember that dream machine.

BTW. I bought that 1968 Mustang in 1969 - one year old car for the grand total after dealing with the salesman for $1800 out the door. Like I said, the good old days.

bobbyj

Bobby, I had several mustangs a couple Torinos and a falcon Sprint. Baddest one of all was a clone Boss 351 I built. Had 2 Cleveland power stangs. a couple of windsors and a 428CJ mach one. I still have a 4V quench head Cleveland out of my 70 sitting in my garage collecting dust...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Hallbilly
    Have we now changed to Ford hate ?
    Over here the two arch rivals are Ford and Holden (GM) and the enmity runs deep.
    My son in law has a Ford Falcon and I have a Holden Commodore both just under 300kW each. We agree to disagree. The Daughter must have married him just to get back at me for something......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123