Thread: Model 16 boyds thumb hole ?

Rancherruss1916

Model 16 boyds thumb hole ?

Hi. I am new to the site but I hope you can help. I have a model 16 in 6.5 creedmoor. It has the synthetic stock. I ordered a boyds thumb hole for it. I read the part that I need more parts to make it work but boyds will not get back to me on what I need. Also said to get with brownels but they said ask boyds lol. The rifle fits the stock well but trigger ( plastic) does not, and of course nothing to hold bottom mag in. Has anybody maid this switch? Thanks for any help

Sounds like you need the correct trigger guard and the DBM frame and magazine cap.

Rancherruss1916
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Sounds like you need the correct trigger guard and the DBM frame and magazine cap.
    Yes that sounds right. Will the DBMS frame and cap replace the clip ? Any idea were I can look up the part numbers. And for what model ? Thanks again

lrshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancherruss1916 View Post
    Yes that sounds right. Will the DBMS frame and cap replace the clip ? Any idea were I can look up the part numbers. And for what model ? Thanks again
    Did you plan on putting a magazine in like AICS or having it integral? I am doing the switch as well with my M11, and basically the stock requires you buy a DBM for certain model guns. I suggest a PTG or CDI DBM if you are going to use AICS mags, but dont want to pay a ton for higher end DBMs and chassis systems.

Things to think about:
    1: Youll have to inlet your stock for the DBM, so either learn how or have someone do it depending on your confidence and current skill level.
    2: If you want more consistent accuracy/results, pillar bed and glass bed the action. I am not saying that a good inletting job wouldn't result in adequate accuracy depending on your needs, but I am saying that if you are serious about really making this a gun that is capable of more than just plinking, its something to consider.
    3: I honestly would not worry about the brownell/manufacturer thing. They are just saying that is where you can get the parts from, but not the only place. Remember, I am talking about DBMs that require AICS magazines and you can find others that have different options. Here are links to the PTG DBMs. I cant recall if CDI has savage DBM, but a PTG DBM/Magazine combo will run you about 169$ for the set if you dont mind not having the bottom bolt release (Depends on your model, some dont have it and have a side bolt release). I will end up with 168$ in the DBM and another 80 in the magazine, so that gives you an idea for the high end of things considering you likely have the short action if yours is a 16 and not a 116. Here is the link---> http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/...th=308_129_230

GOOD LUCK!

And for sake of making sure I dont tell you something you need to know or I tell you something that is wrong, make sure you search around. I am going based off my experience. This place is a wealth of knowledge and theres no point in shelling out money to get the wrong things.