Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage 93-17 FV-SR

campdude

Savage 93-17 FV-SR

Looking to pick one of these up, who has got it and what you think? What scope did you use?

Last edited by campdude; 02-16-2015 at 06:50 PM.

KingstonRoadGunners

My 93R17...

I have a Primar Arms 4x14x44 FFP on mine...clear, easy to use...looks great...

BlackedOut
    ​Heres my 2 FVSRs, front is a MARK II in a boyds wearing a nikon efr and in the back is my 93 with boyds coming and wearing my donor vortex 6-24 while its scope (Primary Arms 4-16) is on its way

Those are some fine looking rifles!

sumoslam62

Savage 93-17 FV-SR

My first post here. I hope to pick mine up later this week. Will use for a target and varmint gun. Eventually changing the stock to a Boyd's. I also run a 10 FCP HS Precision in .308. Love Savage so far. I think it's becoming an addiction.

campdude
    How do they shoot, what kind of accuracy you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackedOut View Post
    ​Heres my 2 FVSRs, front is a MARK II in a boyds wearing a nikon efr and in the back is my 93 with boyds coming and wearing my donor vortex 6-24 while its scope (Primary Arms 4-16) is on its way

I love the look of these bad boys! I want one but I'm a southpaw and they don't come in that flavor. Today the local gun shop has them for $199! If push comes to shove, I may just have to overlook the bolt being on the wrong side and snatch up a couple at that price. This gun shop has these prices on a monthly basis and also the whole line of Savage rimfire bolt rifles at great prices.

I have a Vortex 6x18x44 Crossfire II on my 93R17GVL so I would probably stick with the Vortex - they are great scopes for the money.

bobbyj

BlackedOut
    The 17 is shooting around .75-1.0 at 100 with the boyds stock now on it, the 22 has shot as low as .325 at 50. The 17 got a new scope, a primary arms 6-18. Great guns once broken in , except for the 17 hmr mags.

campdude
    Now that the A17 has arrived I may go that way.

PDX1953
    Are there mags available that hold more than 5 rounds for the 93R17?

PDX1953
    Quote Originally Posted by PDX1953 View Post
    Are there mags available that hold more than 5 rounds for the 93R17?
    Should have Googled first - they're available.

Basic Member
    posted a thread about one in 22hmr the other day. accurate as heck magazines suck. I tried some of my 93-17 mags in it today and they work fine. I called Savage and she is sending me a new mag
    for mine
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj View Post
    I love the look of these bad boys! I want one but I'm a southpaw and they don't come in that flavor. Today the local gun shop has them for $199! If push comes to shove, I may just have to overlook the bolt being on the wrong side and snatch up a couple at that price. This gun shop has these prices on a monthly basis and also the whole line of Savage rimfire bolt rifles at great prices.

I have a Vortex 6x18x44 Crossfire II on my 93R17GVL so I would probably stick with the Vortex - they are great scopes for the money.

bobbyj
    You sure on that price. That is $100 les than the same rifle from Cabelas on sale with a $25 Savage rebate?
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Basic Member
    makes sense. Cabelas is ALWAYS a lot more expensive than any of my other local shops. I doubt I would ever buy a gun there. Ammo is also usually slightly more there. Accessories are sometimes cheap there, and it's fun to look around, but overall not such a bargain...

Basic Member
    My 93R17 is the cheapest combo. Plastic stock, accutrigger, Sweet 17 scope. I am pleased with the accuracy using Hornaday XTP 20 Gr.
    Using Tapatalk

Basic Member

93R17 50 yds. 20gr. XTP

Using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I thought I replied but it is a new post with a picture for accuracy. One reference point.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Fisher View Post
    I thought I replied but it is a new post with a picture for accuracy. One reference point.
    Fixed it for Ya.....
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Thanks. I'll figure it out eventually.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster 50 View Post
    You sure on that price. That is $100 les than the same rifle from Cabelas on sale with a $25 Savage rebate?
    I should have said that it is the .22LR version, (not sure if the .17HMR is the same price) but yes, it is also after the $25 rebate. Here is the site if you wish to check it out. Just select "view the flyer' and you will get all the monthly specials. vancesoutdoors.com

bobbyj

lowyder993s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster 50 View Post
    posted a thread about one in 22hmr the other day. accurate as heck magazines suck. I tried some of my 93-17 mags in it today and they work fine. I called Savage and she is sending me a new mag
    for mine
    Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?

rsbenden
    Ive got a 93r17 w/a 3x9 bushy on it in a boyd ss evolution stock. Quarter size groups @ 100 yds,5.5 low @ 200. Popped a chuck at 120 through the ear,exactly where I was aiming. Hpoe this helps.....buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by lowyder993s View Post
    Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?
    Rimfire magazines generally have to be tuned a little if purchased separately. The one that comes with the rifle is tuned at the factory. basically you just need to tweak the feed lips a little to get the nose of the bullet to sit at the right height.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I have the factory installed mag and bought two extra 5 round mags and one ten round mag and they all work perfectly. I haven't had to do any adjusting and I rotate them so that they all get the same amount of usage. My only problem with them is their price tag!

I've always made it a practice to buy multiple extra mags when I buy a firearm that uses them. These days, it's gotten a lot more expensive to do this.

Gr8rtst

Basic Member
    I don't know how anyone can recommend a scope without knowing what you are shooting at and at what distance.

OP- Please respond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.