Thread: Boyds’ “TactiCool” Savage 93 and Savage MKII FV 22LR

wcmd

Boyds’ “TactiCool” Savage 93 and Savage MKII FV 22LR

Boyd's “TactiCool” Savage 93 and Savage MKII FV 22LR.

Want to fit the stock to a Savage MKII FV in 22LR.

I have the Boyd's stock on order. I am wondering what additional parts I will need from Savage?

Trigger Guard ( are they plastic now?)

Can I use the floor plate from the FV?

Are the two FV bolts long enough ? or must I order longer ones?

Any thing I am over looking?

Thanks for looking,

wcmd

bobn

Re: Boyds’ “TactiCool” Savage 93 and Savage MKII FV 22LR

to the top....me too! lol. but i have a mk I FVT....thanks, bobn

wcmd

I am just going to contact Savage.
    I'll let you know........
    wcmd

bobn

did you get yours yet? no shipping comfirm yet. i suspect they created the special with none built to see what response they got....bobn

wcmd

I contacted Savage directly,
    I have the parts on order, by the way the TR trigger guard is metal.
    Boyds sent me a shipping confirmation yesterday!!!
    Now it's just a waiting game.
    wcmd

bobn

perhaps when you get the trigger guard and screws you could post the numbers. thanks bobn

wcmd

No problem,
    Will do,
    wcmd.

bobn

got yours? mine is supposed to be here thursday....bobn

Heavies

How did your biuld go? I too want to biuld off a mkii. I ordered the stock and got it quite quickly. Also, I ordered the bottom metal from stocky stocks. I still need to get the rifle, my intention is to get a fv. I know, a bit backwards, but I just couldn't pass up on that stock deal.
    Did you have any problems installing?

bobn

i inspected mine but didnt get further. i can see i need to get a trigger guard. i will probably use the bottom metal from my fvt. it is gonna need some glass bedding to support the round piece screwed into the barrel. on my tupperware stock there is full support, on the wood stock it is stepped.
    ...like you i would appreciate any pics or further info....thanks bobn

Sailormilan2

You can modify the exisiting magazine metal to fit the new style so that it fits the Boyd's TactiKool stock. I took a 93R17 BVSS(stainless steel, grey laminate stock) non accutrigger, non E receiver and installed it into the Boyd's stock. I needed to open up the barrel channel for about 4" in front of the receiver. You may need new screws. The old screws and the new style scews are the same length, however the new style screws are threaded for a greater portion of their length to allow them to be seated deeper, since the trigger guard and magazine plate are inletted into the stock.

[img width=600 height=139]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Sailormilan2/000_2045.jpg[/img]

bobn

thanks for additional info!....bobn

Medic_01

they still on offer ?

hcpyro13

I'm kinda wanting to do that to an FVT myself, how much do those stocks go for?

-Jake

Qscuba

They were $79.00 and then the last remaining few went for $158.00. they are sold out. Boyd's says it was a limited run. no more were going to be produced after this but, seeing how well they sold i am sure they will do another run.

Sailormilan2

redfoot

I received my tacticool stock today for my Savage 93r17 from Boyds for $64. It was a factory second for "cosmetic blemishes". Funny, I cannot tell that there are any blems at all, especially with the textured surface. Very happy, but the Synthetic stock screws will not fit. I got the new bottom metal and screws from stocky's stocks -$20 for two friggan screws, one of which is no different from the factory action screw.

WCMD, I sent you a message about the screws direct from Savage. Please reply when you get a chance.

Nice looking rifle up there!

-Redfoot

Heavies

Well picked up a Savage MKII BV .22lr. Put on that Boyd's tactical stock I was talking about. Man, am I glad I didn't wait to buy the stock, as I heard they will not be offering these stocks to the public anymore. Bottom metal was purchased from Stocky Stocks.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/heaviescc/photo.jpg[/img]

I wasn't able to pick up the cheap plastic stock version so I got the wood stock version for a little more. Still saved some cash from ordering the mkii tr so I can't really complain. Many thanks to Daniel at Kaneohe GS, he even hooked me up with a couple of boxes of ammo gratis. Fiocci standard vel. and Eley sport. I've only been able to try cci and wolf match target so far, with my brothers CZ and those have been good. Wolf being the best, but pricey.

This little savage can shoot! These are five shot groups in pretty heavy wind. Thanks Brother, for this great birthday gift!
    [img width=337 height=450]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/heaviescc/photo-4.jpg[/img]
    She didn't like this ammo.
    [img width=337 height=450]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/heaviescc/photo-3.jpg[/img]
    She like these better...
    [img width=337 height=450]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/heaviescc/photo-2.jpg[/img]
    She liked these the Best!

This is Wolf MT at 100.
    [img width=337 height=450]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/heaviescc/photo-5.jpg[/img]

Funny thing about it was that I didn't notice that the front action screw was too long. But she still shot great! I will make a spacer to take up the slack and hopefully it'll shoot even better