Thread: sierra loading data for 6.5 creedmoor

Team Savage

sierra loading data for 6.5 creedmoor

can anyone direct me to a site that has sierra loading data for
    the 6.5 creedmoor...Aint in my book..?

Call the Sierra tech line and ask.

Team Savage
    anyone have the 5th edition? is the 6.5 creedmoor in your manual? It aint in mine and I heard it
    was in the book...Let me know if you have it,please..

Is not in mine, while Sierra help will gladly provide load info if they have it. They are NOT budgeting for another manual currently.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    I have edition 5 and the 6th printing..

Creedmoor is not included

https://www.sierrabullets.com/produc...nual/index.cfm

According to Sierra, it ain't there.

Basic Member
    The original factory match load was supposedly 41.5 of H4350, I use 41.7 H4350 in my Savage LRP 6.5 getting just over 2800fps.

Ammo factories do not load canister-grade powders, that may have been the load suggestion on the box to match factory ballistics however.
    MZ5 and I Pressure Traced a pile of Creedmoor loads in Dec. If you load beyond current ammo box suggestions, you are over-pressure. If you are under a 28" barrel the Creedmoor is not capable of 2800+ fps with 140-class bullets. Each 75fps is at the cost of 10,000 psi additional pressure. If that is acceptable to you, party-on Garth! But know the truth of what is happening.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Ammo factories do not load canister-grade powders, that may have been the load suggestion on the box to match factory ballistics however.
    MZ5 and I Pressure Traced a pile of Creedmoor loads in Dec. If you load beyond current ammo box suggestions, you are over-pressure. If you are under a 28" barrel the Creedmoor is not capable of 2800+ fps with 140-class bullets. Each 75fps is at the cost of 10,000 psi additional pressure. If that is acceptable to you, party-on Garth! But know the truth of what is happening.
    Actually it was pretty well known that they were using H4350 for the original load. That has changed in the past year and they have changed the powder they're using as H4350 became hard to find. Having shot a couple thousand rounds with that recipe under 140 Amax and 139 Scenar's I'm pretty comfortable with it. I also got 2770 for velocity with the factory loaded ammo which was jumping 60 thou in my LRP action.

A large number of the shooters I shoot with regularly are shooting 6.5's either in the Creedmoor or .260 at these speeds. Many of them are shooting more than 2000 rounds a year in competition without any issues. So are you saying it's not possible or not possible for a given pressure, which is it? I have more than five firings on some of the brass as well and have only tossed a few for loose primer pockets so it doesn't seem to be too hard on the brass either. It also doesn't take into account the difference in barrels, how it was reamed, how far the bullet is jumping etc..

bflee
    The factory 140 gr ammo is hitting 2850 out of my LRP. I dont run my reloads but at 2750.

Basic Member
    2750 was my avg in my 24".

I noticed shooting my new 22" starting load development that factory is shooting an inch lower at 100 yrds. Weird.

bflee
    I have shot a faster load before and shot lower at 100 limige. They say its harmonics!
    I upped a powder load in development and it shot lower? I could not wrap my head around that, but I have seen it a couple times since.

acemisser
    but i want to try some of the serria light weight bullets..85 grain and up....