Thread: Savage's new 10 round Magazine

Unbound

Savage's new 10 round Magazine

With the new Model 11 Scout they debuted a new 10 round magazine that they said "is compatible with many other existing Savage Rifles." Has anyone found a list of the actual models it is compatible with?

Basic Member
    My best guess would be that the ones marked 'STD SHORT" current as of five years or so that are double stack then single center at the top would work. That metal portion looks the same, they just added a polymer bottom extended round base to make it 10 rounds.

Basic Member
    They will fit the 10T, according to an email I just got from Savage.

They will work with any short-action center-feed rifle that is setup for a detachable magazine. They WILL NOT work with the Axis or Trophy Hunter rifles that have the retention clip on the magazine itself.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Is there a link for this or a place where we can see one? db

No link to order, but here's a link with some photo's.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-10T-magazines
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks JB

cb308
    Wow thanks for posting this guys, just saved me a little change on my current 6.5 creamer build!

****. They really need to make a 10 rd Axis mag. I am kinda stuck with an Axis as my wife gave it to me as a birthday gift. I think it's a good gun for the money, (I got it in a Boyd's stock) it just needs a 10 rd mag.
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

I've still yet to figure out why all you guys think you need 10-round magazines. You still have to cycle the bolt between each shot, and it doesn't take but a second or two to change out magazines. Come on back to reality and put the pipe-dream of being Rambo with a bolt-action back in the comic book where it belongs. If you think you can come up with any kind of legitimate reason you might ever need 10 rounds in a bolt gun w/o having to do a mag change the real answer to your problem is you either need a semi-auto, not a bolt gun.

WWI and the era of the bolt-action assault rifle died nearly 100 years ago, it's time to accept it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I've still yet to figure out why all you guys think you need 10-round magazines. You still have to cycle the bolt between each shot, and it doesn't take but a second or two to change out magazines. Come on back to reality and put the pipe-dream of being Rambo with a bolt-action back in the comic book where it belongs. If you think you can come up with any kind of legitimate reason you might ever need 10 rounds in a bolt gun w/o having to do a mag change the real answer to your problem is you either need a semi-auto, not a bolt gun.

WWI and the era of the bolt-action assault rifle died nearly 100 years ago, it's time to accept it.
    I agree, so does anyone know if the old 10fcm mag will fit in the new 11 so it would be flat and flush ? I grasp and hold onto rifles/carry in this area, won't be able to do that with the new 10 rounder

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post

Well, the first bolt gun I ever had was a Lee Enfield. Kinda got spoiled on having 10 rounds. My Axis is a nice gun, but the fully enclosed receiver makes it near impossible to top load, and the plastic clip that holds the magazine in is a pretty big weak point. I hate the idea of taking it out more than I have to. Sorry you feel we are a bunch of WWI Rambos... It's just more fun to shoot 10 rounds without reloading.

Of course, there could be a zombie apocalypse any day now, so it pays to be ready...
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Well, the first bolt gun I ever had was a Lee Enfield. Kinda got spoiled on having 10 rounds. My Axis is a nice gun, but the fully enclosed receiver makes it near impossible to top load, and the plastic clip that holds the magazine in is a pretty big weak point. I hate the idea of taking it out more than I have to. Sorry you feel we are a bunch of WWI Rambos... It's just more fun to shoot 10 rounds without reloading.

Of course, there could be a zombie apocalypse any day now, so it pays to be ready...
    My Rambo comment was tongue in cheek and wasn't directed at you or anyone else specifically. I just find it humorous and a wee bit ridiculous that so many people on here insist they NEED a 10-round magazine as if the sky will fall and the world will come to an end if they can't get one for their bolt gun.

Then many of them turn right around and complain about the cost or quality of said 10-round magazines...