Thread: RCBS Chargemaster ??

Basic Member

RCBS Chargemaster ??

I had one of these scales when they first came out many years ago and it was not very accurate. Now, based on what I'm reading it seems they are the cats meow.. How you bought one lately and how's it working out? Can't seem to find any real "hot" deals on them unless you have a source.
    #10 G.I. Vietnam. You got anymore ammo?

LongRange
    I bought one mid last year and returned it after 2wks...and yes I tried EVERY trick in the book!!
    But then I'm pretty anal about my charges...I will add or remove 1 kernel...most ppl are happy if it's +or- .2-.3g...I'd rather spend $350 bucks on powder,bullets,brass ect.

I have one and love it. Works great.

Basic Member
    I have the chargemaster 1500 combo and like it very much. I check the charges it throws on a beam scale and another electronic scale from time to time and its right on the money. Its about 4 years old now. A suggestion I have read with any digital scale is to put the pan on zero the scale, then remove the pan. Write the weight down and as you are using the scale watch for any drift in the weight without the pan, while you are filling cases.

Basic Member
    Love mine. You must put a 1" piece of a McDonald's straw in the dispersor tube to get it to trickle right but after that she usually dispenses right on the money. Depends how large cut the powder is and make sure not to bump it when you open the cover..
    Two thumbs up

n4ue
    I have one and it's 2 years old. It has completely replaced all my powder measures etc. The straw trick helps.
    One thing I watch out for is to wait until it beeps (signaling it's done) and after checking the count #, check the display to ensure the weight is what you expect.
    I use it for charges from 17 Hornet to 30-06.
    If mine burned up tomorrow, I would purchase another in a heartbeat.

ron