Thread: ATN X-Sight - anyone tried one?

ATN X-Sight - anyone tried one?

Anyone tried one of these digital HD night vision scopes yet? At around six bills for the 3-12x if the NV is good enough to clearly identify targets out to 150-200 yards it would be well worth the money even without all the other bells and whistles.

http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Scan down and through the Optics section, J. Baker. I've owned one for a few months and have done a bit of testing on it. It's got issues, but at their price point, they work fairly well. ATN is supposed to make a new firmware release available to us within the next month that is supposed to take care of many of the issues that have been reported.

Gotcha!

I was able to fondle one at a local dealer the other day (first I'd heard or seen of them) and was impressed with what all they offer for the price. Dealer noted that they've been really, really hard to get because all the pig shooters down south are gobbling them up to put on their hog rifles.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    If you really want to get down in the weeds on this new sight, I'd suggest that you go look in the "Optics" section of the Texas Hunting Forum. There are at least 3 different threads with many entries in each one. You'll be able to tell quite quickly that the Sights are not ready for prime time, an there's a bit of resentment amongst the owners of the scopes against the manner in which ATN has handled the roll-out and dealt with the problems. If you were a customer of mine, I'd suggest to you that a few more months of "wait and see" would make a lot of sense at this time. We're supposed to get a new firmware release on Feb. 22, and it will be interesting to see how many of the long list of problems will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Gotcha!

I was able to fondle one at a local dealer the other day (first I'd heard or seen of them) and was impressed with what all they offer for the price. Dealer noted that they've been really, really hard to get because all the pig shooters down south are gobbling them up to put on their hog rifles.

Basic Member
    As a "southern pig shooter" I'm watching and waiting on these guys hoping they can get them right. I'm using a Cree light mounted on top of my scope now, and it's only good for about 60-70 yds in spite of what the package says. I have been considering moving up to a laser genetics designator, but I'm hoping these dudes get their act together and I can just go straight to NV.

Basic Member
    Im looking to upgrade as well but i have no issues seeing past 100yds with my hog lights. I can catch the glint off eyes at 500yds with mine and watch their eyes bob and dance down my trail until they hit the 150yd mark to where i can start to identify it.

The only downside to these hog lights are in the scopes used with them. If your glass sucks youll only be able to use some of the light making you have to zoom out.

There are quite a few simplistic diy nightvision kits that are well under the price of these but theyre also more bulky and require a third party screen which can be pretty bright and disorienting.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikein View Post
    If you really want to get down in the weeds on this new sight, I'd suggest that you go look in the "Optics" section of the Texas Hunting Forum. There are at least 3 different threads with many entries in each one. You'll be able to tell quite quickly that the Sights are not ready for prime time, an there's a bit of resentment amongst the owners of the scopes against the manner in which ATN has handled the roll-out and dealt with the problems. If you were a customer of mine, I'd suggest to you that a few more months of "wait and see" would make a lot of sense at this time. We're supposed to get a new firmware release on Feb. 22, and it will be interesting to see how many of the long list of problems will be resolved.
    Well, ATN has now moved the next firmware release to Feb. 27! The beat goes on. . .

Basic Member
    I know this is an old thread but i am looking at this myself and wondering if there are any new updates on how the scopes are doing before i decide to buy one.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)