Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since the Axis has the Accutrigger why not?

Twinsen

Sell the scope.

Berserker
    I am not much for selling stuff, cause I hate to deal with people. Not really sure what it is even worth. My other savage I never fired it with the scope, Simmons, I put a Leupold on it. I put that on my .22 figuring low recoil might be good for that scope. Just bore sighted it last night, so I don't know if it will be good for that.

Berserker
    I put Wheeler levels on the gun and scope, and it was way off. Thought I am not 100% sure sticking the level through the area above magazine is best place. I did compare to plum bob. When I lined the cross hairs to plum bob, the level was level. So I tend to think it is close know. Probably closer then I will need.

Someday I'd like to draw a vertical line on target and then adjust dial with gun locked in. Again probably over kill for the ranges I am currently shooting at. But I bough the gun to play with loads and try to be more accurate of shooter.

I am not excited about the way the magazine locks in. Magazines are nice for unloading to be legal. But then you have to worry about forgetting it or failing. But with a bolt you always got one shot.

Basic Member
    You made a good choice. The gun you bought will shoot fine like it is, or you can build it into anything you want with just about unlimited aftermarket parts. The axis always felt cheap to me, although there is no denying that most of them are shooters.

Berserker
    Not a popular thing to say here. But savages are cheap guns. 2 failures to feed out of 37. That is ridiculous for a bolt. One cock eyed and one passed over. The ftf were the last 5. Wonder if it is getting worse.

Just for target and maybe a coyote so I can live with my choice.

My 116 ftf 25% of the time. I consider that junk
    That is 30-06 for deer and bear so I care. Can't sell it like that in good faith.

An unloaded gun useless. Never had a failure with 700. Pretty hard to get 1 MOA with empty gun.

I realize people probably think I am prick.

Berserker
    116 is blind magazine. It is just junk. I had ear plugs in. Am I not pushing hard enough? Both failures today were on 2nd shot.

Do they make aftermarket magazines that are better? Sure doesn't look like that little tab would hold up. Should have a spare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12