Thread: My Model 12 BVSS in 22-250

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

My Model 12 BVSS in 22-250

So I don't know that this actually qualifies as a "build" thread since I didn't change that much on the rifle (action and barrel are still untouched factory) and what I did change didn't require a ridiculous amount of effort, BUT...it looks and shoots a crap load better now. I'll start with some before photo's.

Here she is pretty much as I purchased her. Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA reticle. Cheapo Champion Bi-Pod. My LGS mounted the scope for me at this point, wasn't super happy with their service. Had to bore sight it the old fashioned way.

Here's the second stage of devlopment. Added the Harris Swivel Leg Notch bipod (big improvement), the Vortex bubble level, and the Triad Tactical Stock pack. I shot my first two PRS match's last year with the rifle in this configuration. I was immediately hooked.

Here she is now with my Christmas present to myself An XLR Element chassis, EGW 20 MOA one piece base, Vortex/Seekins Precision Medium Rings, AI 5rd 308 mag, and Short Action Precision 2-round holder. Scope was mounted and level'd and chassis installed and torqued by yours truly. Nothing feels better than a job well done, super satisfying working on these rifles on your own. I had some help from my shooting partner of course, but I'm no longer scared of scope mounting lol More pictures of the new set up will follow. Mods please tell me if I'm getting too picture happy in this thread.

Last edited by Model12BVSS; 02-09-2015 at 04:06 PM.