Thread: another lost guy

midmo

another lost guy

Ok, i have a howa 1500 with hogue stock in .270 win never fired. I know a guy who is talking about trading for a 110 .30 06 wood stock or possibly a 11 in .308. I know this is a savage forum but would this be a good trade? I have never owned a savage. I have always liked them.

Well then, for YOU; if you don't want the Howa, but do want a Savage it MAY be a good deal.
    I personally wouldn't make the trade, without some money added to you; but that's me.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by midmo View Post
    Ok, i have a howa 1500 with hogue stock in .270 win never fired. I know a guy who is talking about trading for a 110 .30 06 wood stock or possibly a 11 in .308. I know this is a savage forum but would this be a good trade? I have never owned a savage. I have always liked them.
    shoot the howa first...i broke in a howa 204 for a guy recently and it shot a 1/4" group at 205yds with factory ammo.

Look around on Armslist in your local area and see what Savage 110's are going for. If you're good with trading your Howa at that price then by all means, make the trade. But I feel you're cheating yourself some.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Well then, for YOU; if you don't want the Howa, but do want a Savage it MAY be a good deal.
    I personally wouldn't make the trade, without some money added to you; but that's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    shoot the howa first...i broke in a howa 204 for a guy recently and it shot a 1/4" group at 205yds with factory ammo.
    Pay attention. I have one in 308. It has netted many a deer at many ranges with never a malfunction a great bolt and trigger that anyone can set up. Unless the Savage is exactly what you want. BTW Sin Arms can do barrels for the Howa I think. I believe he even did a barrel nut on one.

Team Savage
    To me the decision would be based on if you want a real control feed action or not since the Howa 1500 is basically a Mauser pattern rifle. You can swap barrels on them but its more difficult.

Buds has Howa 1500 rifles for $500.

You can get a Savage axis for about $300 or a SS axis for about $350 or a 110 Savage for about $500-600 new.

They only made Savage control feeds on magnum actions.

All Savage 473 bolt face rifles are push feed. Better if you want to drop a shell in the chamber since you typically cant do that with a stock Mauser style action.