Thread: Good price on a gun save at Home Depot today only 2/6/2015! - Free delivery

thomae

Good price on a gun save at Home Depot today only 2/6/2015! - Free delivery

Putting this out there to let folks know of a good deal:

I know they don't advertise on this site, but I get daily emails with a "daily special" from Home Depot.

Today's special is a Buffalo brand 32-gun safe for only $789 - and that includes shipping to your home.

Per forum rules, I won't post the link, but if you do a google search for "Home Depot Buffalo Gunsafe 205073256" you should be able to find it.

It may not be the be-all and end-all of gun safes, but if you don't have one and you need one (don't we all?) it is a very good price, as far as I can tell.

that is a good deal. Thanks now where to come up with the cheese!
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Dang it, I can afford it; I just don't have a place to put it!

Buy it and send it to my house you can get it when you get a new place with space.
    Last edited by tufrthnails; 02-06-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Ill help out too, ill keep it for ya
    Scooter
    Seriously though, that's a good deal

Basic Member
    Not to offend the OP or anyone else but... only 14 gauge body and door "will keep rifles and pistols secure behind a 14-gauge steel door and body. " might keep your kids out but I'm not putting my GOOD firearms in this this will really open your eyes on safes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8
    6CM

You know by default that since it's a big-box store it's going to be imported. I still think for the money you'd be hard pressed to beat the Winchester 24 gun safe being sold at TSC, Costco, etc. for around $650-700. Still not heavy gauge steel, but at least it's 12-gauge (pretty much the standard for cheaper safes) and they have locking bolts on all 4 sides of the door. Fire rating could be better, but 30 minutes @ 1400 degrees is better than nothing.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by teele1 View Post
    Not to offend the OP or anyone else but... only 14 gauge body and door "will keep rifles and pistols secure behind a 14-gauge steel door and body. " might keep your kids out but I'm not putting my GOOD firearms in this this will really open your eyes on safes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8
    I wish I could afford to put a Schmidt & Bender scope on every rifle I own, but I can't...

Same goes for safes. It may not be the best, but it's better than nothing for someone that can't afford something better at this time.

Unlike optics where you can wait a little while longer to buy the best, I believe it's better to have a deterrent now - than nothing.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

I have always looked at it this way: Buy the best you can afford in the size you need. For some that might be a cheap $400 Stack-On 10-gun safe, for others it might be a $3,000 Browning 30+gun safe. As Rick said, anything is better than nothing and even a cheap safe will make a crook have to work a lot harder for his payday meaning more noise and more time on scene - both of which greatly increase their chances of getting caught in the act.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain