Thread: Calling all Savage 64 Owners

MCARBO

Calling all Savage 64 Owners

Anyone having problems with their Savage 64? Lets vent a little and try to come up with practical solutions for each one. I've heard of some guys actually breaking their trigger in half...hard to believe but I've heard it from multiple sources. Must be made from some sort of pot metal. Anything else?

Mines been fine.

Biggred191
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to shoot mine a whole lot, but it shoots great. I have had some fail to go into battery instances. Not a lot, but more than I would have expected. I can't wait to get some free time here in the coming weeks and go shooting!

Buckeye63
    I own a Iver Johnson Trail Blazer AKA Savage 64 , Since 1984 ... Has sent several Squirrel, rabbit, a raccoon two wild dogs and a slew of cans and such over the years to there final resting place ,and as long as I use clean ammo ( no old croaded stuff) ... The gun has been very reliable as accurate as any 10-22 I have ever owned... I have planned on purchasing a extra mag but always put it off ... Great carbines for the money
    Last edited by Buckeye63; 06-10-2015 at 05:57 PM.

MatCat
    Will be a new owner of one as soon as my 10 day waiting period is over, in fact I am so anxious to get it in my hands I made http://www.getmygun.tk/ out of boredom while waiting :).

Basic Member
    Savage 64 black polymer stock - had it for about 5 years, 500 rounds and going strong. Polished feedramps on magazines and some minor tuning on alignment. No trigger issues. Keep carbon cleaned out of bolt and it runs.

MatCat
    Got mine today! Everything was in good nick from the factory, magazines (I ordered 2 extra so I have 3) all seated well and dropped out very smoothly and well contrary to what I hear a lot of people say, infact I had no problems on all 3 mags pressing the release and they all just free drop out. The feed ramp does seem to take a number on the bullets if you don't feed them into the mag carefully, though they extracted from the mag pretty cleanly. Took her out and put 50 rounds of CCI AR Tactical, and 10 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag HP through it with no problems except the occasional fail to fire from what seems like light strikes, which I am sure is the fault of the ammo, and all of the ones that failed all fired perfectly fine when ran through again. Also amazingly the iron sight was dead on for windage :).