Thread: is inletting required with Bell & Carlson Medalist?

is inletting required with Bell & Carlson Medalist?

I'm shopping for a new stock for my 10FP-SR. I want a CDI bottom metal on this one, so that I can share mags with my 12 LRP 260 which already has a CDI bottom metal. Will inletting be required to fit the B&C Tactical Medalist style 2 (or the new M40 stock), or is there a chance it would be a drop-in fit like the HSPrecision stock was?

Also considering the Choate Tactical stock & CDI bottom metal package that CDI offers, but I think I'd rather go with the B&C if the bottom metal is an easy install.

Edit: just realized this is the wrong sub-forum, sorry! Admins please move.
    Last edited by kevwil; 02-04-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: M40 stock
    "The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

Twinsen
    If it is the new 10 FCP-SR with the Accustock and Savage 10 round mag, you can just bolt in Accurate Mag bottom metal. It uses the same AICS pattern magazines and comes with one 5 or 10 rounder, your choice. No need to inlet or buy a different stock.

It's not the new FCP, it's the older FP with the blind magazine and Tupperware stock.
    "The truth is that all men having power ought to be mistrusted." - James Madison

Twinsen
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwil View Post
    It's not the new FCP, it's the older FP with the blind magazine and Tupperware stock.
    Doh! Sorry about that. I don't know about CDI, but stocks cut for Savage DBM will take the Accurate Mag DBM.

Ralfus
    CDI is running a promotion right now to machine inlet your stock if the bottom metal is purchased from certain retailers. If those retailers also sell the stock then they can drop ship it to CDI for you to save time and shipping costs. http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/