Thread: ML II question

Basic Member

ML II question

So when were the ML II discontinued.

Somewhere I saw a thread about Savage doing a 'special run' of MLIIs. Was that many months ago or still coming??

Trying to ask Savage is just about impossible..

Team Savage
    The Savage 10ML II was discontinued several years ago. They did do a limited run of blued models, but those have also been discontinued. If you want a smokeless ML, then there is an aftermarket for barrels, bolt heads and breach plugs built on Savage and Remington 700 actions. See http://www.smokelessmz.com/ and http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com/ for parts and more information.
    Last edited by jpdown; 02-04-2015 at 06:44 PM.

I am not sure about ML being discontinued, but early in the year savage does a production run from what I have seen. I bought mine off Buds in 2013.
    Saying that you really don't need to buy a ML if you already have a short action to spare.
    You need the following items, and can get them from the websites above

1. 50 cal ML barrel - $330 plus freight
    2. Breech plug - $35
    3. Vent liner - $4
    4. Bolt head - dunno look it up pls.
    5. Stock - you pick, need bull/varmint cont.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Team Savage
    This link explains what happened to the Savage 10ML II http://randywakeman.com/ThereWillBeN...oadersEver.htm

Basic Member
    I asked at the Great American Outdoor show, Savage booth. It was agreed there would not be any although there is some demand.

Anyone like to clean out the gun vault of one??

I would not sell mine for any price. I bought mine many moons ago and paid $239.00 for it out the door. The first thing killed ( or harvested ) with it was when my Son borrowed it and hit a Fox in the back of the had with it at about 90 yds. as it ran away from him. Since then I have killed several Deer with it and it hasn't left me down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    I asked at the Great American Outdoor show, Savage booth. It was agreed there would not be any although there is some demand.

Anyone like to clean out the gun vault of one??
    it would be proper to post a WTB in the classified.

Also, if I was in your place, I would just build one using a short action.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member
    I found one in stainless a few weeks ago and I am in the process of getting her bedded and scoped. Go to dougs message board there are a couple for sale from Time to time. Mine is stainless and camo with accurate-trigger the guy did not really know what it was judging by the price I paid