Thread: Best scope mount for 22-250

nissantech

Best scope mount for 22-250

I have just bought a 22-250 and have a zeiss 6.5-20x50 to go on it. I would like to put the best scope rings on this set up. What is the best scope rings I can get without getting crazy? By the way it is a Savage vlp 22-250 bdm 1-9 twist. I have been looking at the DNZ mounts and already have one on my 17 hmr. I have no problem lapping the rings and working on the mount to make sure it is the best it can be.

"Best" has no answer.
    A Weaver one piece base and PA rings have worked good for me.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Burris Signature Zee Rings have been getting a lot of favorable posts in the last year or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRAX5OLtJE

gotcha
    If your receiver is perfectly round and your base mount screws perfectly aligned to the bore any number of mounts will fill the bill. The Burris signature Z rings w/ EGW base will take care of any misalignment you might have. This way keeping the optical center of your scope precisely aligned to your POA. With a shim kit you can add or subtract MOA as needed and not be stuck with a fixed MOA rail. The offset shims will not bite into your scope tube and don't need lapping. The shims are cam shaped and can be turned within the rings to precisely align your scope to "zero" without having to adjust the scopes crosshair. It's the only base/ring combo I use anymore.

EGW or Weaver tactical rails work well. The one piece mounts raise the scope some but the benefits of alignment are worth it.

Do not skimp on rings with a quality scope like yours. I have never seen ring damage to a scope using Warne rings. It takes three hands to put them on though. The Burris rings are good also
    Last edited by Robinhood; 02-04-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Team Savage
    i put the Dnz on my model 12,,,,,,22-250,,,,,,lupy 6.5 x 20 with 50 mm objective , i have one on my savage 17 and my tc venture also

Bed a one piece weaver base and lap a set of midrange vortex rings, makes a nice setup and very reasonably priced

I have a blackhawk one piece 20moa base. I like it. It sets perfectly on my action. Didn't need bedded.

If you don't want to leave ring marks at all then use the aforementioned burris signature zee rings. I have a lot of them and including my benchrest guns. They are one of the best out there and have 0 moa, 10 moa, and 20 moa along with 30 moa. You can cure any misalignment issue or if you need more scope adjustment the 10-30 moa will get you there. I use all egw rails even on my hunting savages.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!