Thread: Local Suppliers, Lincoln, NE area

Local Suppliers, Lincoln, NE area

Hey all,

Just moved to the Lincoln, NE area and am looking for the best retailers for "hands on" reloading supplies shopping. Some info in the phone books, but, local knowledge is always best. My primary needs would be for purchasing powder and occasionally primers due to the hazmat charges you rack up doing mail order. Everything else I can get mail order without loosing sleep (or $).

Any good sources? TAC, 8208 or a comparable are the primary powders being looked for although TAC is preferred I don't think it's gonna be easy in this area. Primary use is for heavy 223 or53gr VMAX loadings if there's a vendor with a suitable on hand record for this use. I don't worry too much about 4064 as it seems to be available almost everywhere.

I am open to shooting range information as well, but I will post that question in another thread.

Thanks for any info!

Welcome. I also live in Lincoln. I've had my best luck with Scheel's down on 27th and Pine Lake, and also DE Guns on O Street near 33rd. Big Shots (O Street and Sun Valley) may have some stuff too but I haven't been in there for a while. I was also in Minaska Outdoors yesterday and they had one jug of powder, I think it was H4140 or something like that. All of these places have websites with hours, contact info etc.

Thanks MNmulisha,
    Kinda ironic, Minnesotan moves to Lincoln, asks for local knowledge, gets answer from member named minnesotamulisha. Cool!

I'll give those a check, got the next 2 days to kill time, might take a tour, see what I can't live without... There's always something you "Need" right? ;-) <reloading = fun, but also a money pit>

Where are you from in MN? I grew up near Forest Lake, went to college in Staples, and then Lived in Hoyt Lakes for six years.

Scheels usually has a decent supply of powder, never any Varget, though. They usually have Sierra and Hornady bullets on hand. I haven't seen any CCI BR-2s or FGMM primers in quite a while, no matter where I go.

DE has some powders on hand. Not the selection Scheels has, but enough to keep me interested enough to keep checking in. DE does carry quite a few different guns and AR parts, and tons of accessories.

Not sure if you've got a place to shoot or not, but Izaak Walton is about 5 miles SE of town on HWY 2. You do have to be a member, but it's $135 a year. They have a 100 yard range that's open dawn until dusk, and you can shoot when you want. There is also a 300 yard range, but it's only open on certain days. I think most Wednesdays through the summer it is open noon until 4, and then again from 5:30 until dark.

If you 're interested in checking it out, let me know. I can bring you out there and it's $10 for you to shoot per day.

Hey MNmulisha,

I checked out Ikes before I left MN and am definitely interested! I'm all locked up in an apt, and not much to do at present, I'll PM you an email and phone. I have BR-2's, not a ton, but a few hundred, plenty of other small and small mag as well, I'm OK on primers for the present. I'm just sweating the TAC because I cant touch any now and down to 1.5lbs, and 8208 tough to find as well. Not as urgent as I think I'm sure <yeah, I want more...>

Was in Cambridge, MN just north and west of Forest Lake, Grandy actually. Swing a stick in that swamp, you'll hit a relative or a friend of mine, 150 or so years of em buried out there too.

I'm getting off subject here, I'll drop you a PM in the next couple days <my work will own me until Sunday now>

Talk soon, and thank you for the info!

No Problem. Check out Scheels for the 8208. The last time I was in there they had some.