Thread: Yet another Boyd stock question (concerning length of pull)

Yet another Boyd stock question (concerning length of pull)

Hello all... I'm new to the forum (obviously) and I'll start out by thanking everyone for the info I've already learned.

I have a 111 7mm Rem Mag that I'm thinking about replacing the stock on. I see that Boyd's has a LOP of 13 3/4" and a 1/2" recoil pad. I want a LOP of 13 1/2" and a 1" pad. So, when I select those options on their site do they automatically take into account the extra 1/2" when cutting for LOP or do I need to order it as 13" to get my overall 13 1/2"?

Thank you!

Saghi
    I would also like to know. Have never ordered Boyd's before.

Basic Member
    Please forgive me but have you asked Boyd's?

Saghi
    I haven't. But I did just read a thread about how horrible they are at communicating, returning phone calls, and emails. Plus it's Sunday night and you guys know everything.

Basic Member
    As you can see from the website, Boyds got very busy over the holiday season and is doing their best to catch up. With what you want to do I think it is best that you communicate with them to be sure your order is correct and you get what you want.

I don't think there is a stock on the market right now that offers as much for as reasonable a price. A little patience could save you as much as $150 over the next best equivilant.

JMHO, Good Luck ... Jim

Basic Member
    I agree with the above but from how I read their guidance it looks like they take into account the recoil pad you select and that's why they state for the super short length of pulls that only a 1/2 inch recoil pad works. Length of pull is always measured from recoil pad to trigger and I am sure they know that. Again I'd give them a call tomorrow to verify.

I'll give them a call shortly. I just hoped that since they're so busy right now and so many people here have ordered from them that someone would have a quick answer on it. I'm assuming that they take into account the extra 1/2", but you know what happens when you assume...

Thanks again everyone for all the info here! When I get an answer from them I will update this post.