Thread: New to shooting competition

JenZ

New to shooting competition

I started shooting 5 months ago with the help of a mentor. After deciding F class was where I wanted to compete it was time to purchase my own rifle. We chose the Savage model 12 F T/R in .308. Great shoot straight out of the box and have not looked back. Competed in my first F Class competition a couple weeks ago, took first in F T/R and second in overall match with a 587 - 26 X. Looking forward to the next match!

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome and nice shooting!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Outstanding! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome and congrats!
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Berger.Fan222
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZ View Post
    I started shooting 5 months ago with the help of a mentor. After deciding F class was where I wanted to compete it was time to purchase my own rifle. We chose the Savage model 12 F T/R in .308. Great shoot straight out of the box and have not looked back. Competed in my first F Class competition a couple weeks ago, took first in F T/R and second in overall match with a 587 - 26 X. Looking forward to the next match!
    Welcome to the site. You are invited to join our monthly email matches here at Savage Shooters. We have both rimfire and centerfire matches. The rules are linked below. Some friendly competition is a great way to learn what you can do with that new Savage.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...les-and-Target

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ctive-01-02-12)

Team Savage
    howdy

JenZ

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I am looking forward to forum discussions and some serious shooting. Match number two coming up this coming weekend!

JenZ

E mail matches

I read the rules and would love to do this. Is the centerfire target same as the rimfire target? I did not see a centerfire target

Quote Originally Posted by Berger.Fan222 View Post
    Welcome to the site. You are invited to join our monthly email matches here at Savage Shooters. We have both rimfire and centerfire matches. The rules are linked below. Some friendly competition is a great way to learn what you can do with that new Savage.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...les-and-Target

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ctive-01-02-12)

You're using whatever target you choose in centerfire classes.
    3. All target entries shall be 3 groups of 5(3 rounds for HS classes) rounds each, and the average group size, shot consecutively at 100yds for all Center fire, and 50yds for all Rimfire. Modification for 2015 and later: Center fire groups may be shot at ranges beyond 100 yards. Measure the actual group sizes in inches and report the group sizes and the range at which the groups were shot to the moderator, who will compute an effective group size at 100 yards. (Group sizes shot at 200 yards will be divided by 2, etc.)
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

JenZ
    Where do I find the centerfire group with the target? Read the rules and ready to get started! Sorry got it, thanks for the help. Trying ti figure it all outM

Berger.Fan222
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZ View Post
    Where do I find the centerfire group with the target? Read the rules and ready to get started! Sorry got it, thanks for the help. Trying ti figure it all outM
    Hey JenZ. Sorry for any confusion. For centerfire, you can use any targets you like. Any piece of paper where you can pick aiming points and measure your group sizes will do.

Some entrants shoot all three groups on one target big enough to provide distinct points of aim. Others use a different piece of paper for each group. Whatever works for you.

Please send your group sizes to me in a PM and then post a description of your rifle and conditions here:

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ry-Match-Posts

Welcome! You off to a great start in competitive shooting.

JenZ

Thanks

Thanks again! Next match Feb 8

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    Welcome! You off to a great start in competitive shooting.

Good luck!