Thread: Alien gear holsters

Alien gear holsters

Alien Gear Holsters has an IWB holster based on the Crossbreed but with a neoprene backing instead of leather.

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-g...waistband.html

Anybody played around with this particular holster?

What are your thoughts on neoprene as a backing instead of leather?

I have three hybrid IWBs based on the Crossbreed made by a cowboy leather maker and really enjoy them, but I'm looking for another for a G42.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Definitely looks like a Crossbreed or Com-Tac style holster for about half the price. I'm not a big fan of neoprene though as it doesn't breath very well, tends to be hotter against the skin, and in my experience seems to get funky after a little while. Definitely not as strong and durable as leather either so the life expectancy will surely far shorter.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

seanhagerty
    http://aliengearholsters.com/warranty

I have a couple alien gear holsters. I like them. A lot. If you get a new pistol, they will trade the shell out for free. This feature will surely make my holster drawer shirnk considerably.

They communicate well while you wait for the holster to ship, and offer a good customer service.

The holster is a lot more comfortable than any other holster of this style I have tried. It molds to the body better too.

I would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by seanhagerty View Post
    http://aliengearholsters.com/warranty

I have a couple alien gear holsters. I like them. A lot. If you get a new pistol, they will trade the shell out for free. This feature will surely make my holster drawer shirnk considerably.

They communicate well while you wait for the holster to ship, and offer a good customer service.

The holster is a lot more comfortable than any other holster of this style I have tried. It molds to the body better too.

I would recommend them.
    How long have you been wearing the AG holster and have you ever used one of the hybrids with leather backing?

Looks like if I opt for the 2-holster option I can get both holsters for the price of one of many of the other options.

Appreciate the feedback.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Sounds like Sean is the perfect guy to write up a product review on these for the GunsAfield.com site. *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

seanhagerty
    I have worn it for about 5-6 months. Anytime I am wearing IWB, this is my holster. I have been through a bunch of holsters, I am not sure if I used one as you described. I will say this for certain, this is the most comfortable IWB holster I have used.

Jim, You have estimated my grammer abilities well beyond what they really are. I may give this a shot, but do not expect fanciness.

Sean

Grammar I can deal with, it's when someone doesn't use proper punctuation and structure (i.e. separated paragraphs) that drives me absolutely nuts as an editor because it makes it extremely hard to read. That goes for forum posts to.