Thread: re bbl help

re bbl help

I have a 12 fv that was in 204 ruger. I bought a 22-250 bbl and bolt face. Headspaced and the bolt closes fine. I have a dummy round, oal is correct, it will not feed off the mag into the chamber. Do I need to change the mag or am I missing something else? If I seat the round on the bolt face in the extractor and close it all is well. Did I reassemble something wrong with the bolt??? Can't figure it out.

Thanks!

You'll need to either change the magazine box or manipulate the feed lips to allow the loaded rounds to feed properly.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

So open them up? Thanks for the help.

Start by opening them up at the front first, a little at a time.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

You need a new magazine housing. There are different magazine housing for different round families for a reason - the rounded ribs or channels pressed into the sides of the magazine housing are specifically placed and sized to ensure proper feeding with that size/family of cartridges. .204 and .223 use the same magazine housing, but the .22-250 falls into the .308 family of cases and is larger in diameter requiring a different magazine housing.

Yes, if you work at it long enough and bend/tweak it enough and in enough different places you might get it to work so-so, but you're better off just getting the right one and saving yourself the headaches of a lot of trial and error.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Sound advice