I’ve searched all over the site and can’t quite find an answer to my specific issue. My first Savage build: a 111 centerfeed blind mag accutrigger w/Criterion 6.5X55 26in barrel, NSS recoil lug and nut, and Choate tactical stock. Pretty standard stuff.

Stock arrived today and install went so-so. Rear action screw was too long but one provided with the stock was a bit shorter and works without interference once I put a washer between screw head and trigger guard. I’ve torqued the front action screw to 60 in lbs and the rear to about 30. Afraid to go much higher in the rear with plastic trigger guard. Tang is floating about 3mm or so above the stock.

Everything seems to be OK except when cycling the bolt I can feel just a tiny bit of drag where I think the bolt is skimming along the tops of the mag lips. Doesn’t really bind but you can feel it. Cartridges load and cycle OK. The mag box is seated well in the stock and the L bracket is hard against the rear aluminum pillar/bed block.

So what’s the best fix to get rid of the bolt/mag lips contact? Do I mess with the mag L bracket? File down the mag lips a bit? Something else?

Appreciate any advice.