Thread: Rear Bag for Savage F Class

Basic Member

Rear Bag for Savage F Class

Just got my new Savage F Class in 6MM BR and wow Im impressed so far and I know the accuracy will only get better after complete break in. I am new to this board but wow I have been impressed with all the info available here. I am new to the savage community but impressed so far, I got a Mod 12 BVSS in Jan and it is a shooter in the 223. Having a blast with it, now two shiny new toys and I am having a blast. But to my question regarding a rear bag for the F Class rifle, does anyone have any good ideas from their experience with this rifle and the correct rear bag. There are so many out there and some are quite expensive which I dont mind as long as they fit the stock. I am using a caldwell rock benchrest front rest. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and again thanks to you all for posting such good info.

Dave

Basic Member

Re: Rear Bag for Savage F Class

I am just breaking in a SEB Bigfoot. I got one w/ straight "ears". They make them w/ canted left or right ears if your shooting style could benefit from that. I filled it w/ "Heavy Sand" from Sinclair. Its nice as it has a built in handle, etc. I have used Edgewoods, etc. and this seems to be on par w/ them.

Cover Dog

I had Protektor make up a bag for my F Class 6mmBR. It has 5 lines of stitching which equals 1" of width. Gun rides perfect in it. Cost was about $115.00 with heavy sand, delivered within a week.

82boy

The "F" class rifle gets an "F" for stock design, I don't know what Savage was thinking when they made the stock so wide in the back. They fixed the problem with the 12 benchrest.

Call Protektor they make bags specially for the "F" class Savage.
    http://www.protektormodel.com/

If you have a FFL near by tell Protektor, and they will ship anything to them for free.

The people at Protektor are great to deal with. Just like mentioned above, I ordered mine and had it in a week also.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate the help I sent an email to protektor regarding a bag specifically for the rifle. Sure you guys will hear from me again. Thanks :)

Basic Member

Yes, what a pain - I ended up making one myself.