Thread: 110 RUM action AICS mag

Luke45

110 RUM action AICS mag

Getting cdi bottom metal for my 338 edge..... I know an RUM case with a modified 338 lapua aics mag will work but...

question: what oal mag length can I buy without having to machine material away from the RUM action? The stager feed savage internal mag is 3.6 as it sits. The aics 338 mag is 3.715". Can I use this without modification ??

thanks!

Basic Member
    Even if you had to grind back the feed ramp it's pretty easy. I recut the feed ramp because rounds were getting stuck on it trying to feed from the mag. Used my dremel with a grinding bit and then a polishing pad and some white rouge jewellers polish to smooth it out. Feeds like a champ now.

Basic Member
    This was on. Short action center feed by the way, but shouldn't be any different

Basic Member
    Lonewolf,
    We're they hanging up on the underside of the feed ramp as the round was coming up from the magazine?

Basic Member
    That's correct. A buddy of mine sent his back to savage for this same issue and all they did was re-cut the feed ramp to go all the way to the bottom of the action. So I just did it myself in about 15min.

Basic Member
    Nice work
    By "recut to go all the way to the bottom of the action" do you mean you cut it flush? So their is no overhang into the magazine?
    Thanks

Basic Member
    Yes I took it all the way down, so that no matter what it hits the ramp. I also kept it concaved to guide rounds to the center. and with the polishing compound it's very smooth and slick feeling. Better than the factory finish. Recommend removing the barrel and everything as there will be quite a few shavings to clean out of the action.

Basic Member
    That makes sense, thanks!
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing for my 300wm, my blind mag box limits my OAL to 3.42", 3.7+ sounds aweful tempting with this big Bergers!

Luke45
    thanks lonewolf!