So originally I was thinking of tearing apart and upgrading my .308 110E. I had planned on installing pillars, glass bedding, and everything else that I could possibly do. So I pulled it apart and figured I'd start on stripping and sanding down the stock first.

I was about half way done when my two boys "ages 7 & 8" came out to see what I was up to and wanted to help with sanding. Now this was my first hunting rifle I had been given as a kid, and in high school I had tried to refinish the stock because the original stain was horrible, but obviously I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I also had my Marlin model 60 .22, which was my very first rifle ever, and I figured it would keep the arguing down on who got to sand. Three days later they finished sanding and liked the job they had done, and that's when I finally sank in that instead of trying to build up my rifle for me, I would keep them as the were and pass them down to my boys when there older as they hand a hand in cleaning them up.

So now I'm going to start planning for building my next Savage the way I want and leave these the way they are.

Here are some before and after pics of the rifles they help finish.

110E .308

Marlin model 60