Thread: First varmint rifle

larrylegado

First varmint rifle

I went to purchase a savage .17hmr or .223 and left with this. It's extremely outside of my nature to buy something without hours of research so when I got home and started reading up on it I was immediately worried based on multiple reviews. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but hopefully I got a good one. It's got a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 BDC scope on it with medium rings. Prior to purchasing the scope I had scoured the internet for others who had put this scope on this gun and what rings were used but couldn't ever find anything. Scope was purchased from Natchez for $199 which seemed like a good deal. I am very pleased with the clearances of both the bolt handle from the scope and the scope from the barrel. Hope this helps whoever is interested. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Basic Member
    I think you should like it :) a little trial and error and should have a decent shooter, is it the newer model with the 1:8 twist?
    here is mine in a boyds stock[

URL=http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/jmills61/media/20141230_231753_zpsebc2ab54.jpg.html][/URL]

Basic Member
    A word of caution,stay away from all prairie dog towns.You will develop a nasty craving and a habit that will haunt you the rest of your life.Others on this site will back me up and warn you as well.Good luck and a great looking rifle.
    Ya'll hang on I'm gonna drive closer

larrylegado
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
    I think you should like it :) a little trial and error and should have a decent shooter, is it the newer model with the 1:8 twist?
    here is mine in a boyds stock[

URL=http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/jmills61/media/20141230_231753_zpsebc2ab54.jpg.html][/URL]
    I like that finish, which model Boyds is that?

larrylegado
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog2062 View Post
    A word of caution,stay away from all prairie dog towns.You will develop a nasty craving and a habit that will haunt you the rest of your life.Others on this site will back me up and warn you as well.Good luck and a great looking rifle.
    I got a field by may house that is riddled with 'em and I've been waiting all week to have some fun!

Basic Member
    Boyd's heavy barrel thumbhole model with high gloss finish

FarmerRon

Boyd's stock

I just received the same stock for the same model, but it isn't fitting and the safety will not go on. When I drop the action in the stock, it rocks like there is a high spot and only one action screw will reach at a time. When one is fastened the other does not reach. I am also having magazine issues. Any suggestions?

djames6487
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hey man, you and I will have basically the same setup except the stock. I posted a target that I shot yesterday in a thread about my gun. I love how this thing shoots and I love that buckmasters scope with BDC