Thread: Cheap-exellant scope.

Cheap-exellant scope.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know how my CenterPoint scope is perfoming. I bought this scope at Wal-Mart for $68.00. It is the 4-16x40 with mil-dot retical green,red, or black with green and red having adjustable brightness. It comes with 2 lithium batteries, lens cleaning cloth, flip up lens covers, rings, mil-dot range finding card that is used with the scope at 10x. The scope also has adjustable knobs for elevation and windage. When I mounted it on my .30810fp with cheap weaver mounts I was amazed that when I bore sighted it, it was only of 2 click's ele. and one click wind. The rifle was new and the fist shot I took at 100 yards was off the bull's eye less than an inch. It shot around 1.5'' at 100yard's with my first 5 shot group. Now after finding ammo it likes, it shoots tighter and tighter groups. When my rifle was at .75'' at 100, I moved back to 400yards, and dialed in 7moa elevation and I'm shooting an amazing 1.25 groups at 400yards, the point is this scope returns to zero at 100yards every time.
    There really is an excuse for everything!

Re: Cheap-exellant scope.

Glad to hear it's working out for you. If and when it finally decides to give up the ghost in the future, look into the Vortex Crossfire or Viper series of scopes great value and quality for the money.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Center point is still performing great with over 200 rounds down the tube. I know that is not a lot compared to some of the shooters on this site but I have shot 18 wood chucks so far and only missed a few. I picked up some gold medal match 168 gr a few weeks ago and it's shooting in the 3's at 100 yards. I'll let every one know when it gives up the ghost. My only complaint is the eye relief is pretty fussy on the higher powers but it helps to remind me to keep a consistant cheek weld on long range shots.
    There really is an excuse for everything!

Basic Member

I have the same scope on my 17HMR. No issues at all for the last year I have been popping off p-dogs with it.
    When its windy I have no problem dialing for right/left windage. When re-zeroed/re-set to O/O its right on the money, same for elevation.

I have a center point 2x7 ill. retical on a 22 mag model 93 and like it alot. The downfall is the whole retical lights up and even when dimmed effects night vision. This does not make the scope worthless but is a downside for hunting at night. I have since bought a Barska 4x12x50 ill. retical for my 223 stevens. It is very good also and just the very center of the crosshairs ill. The glass is OK on this scope. Not a long range competition scope by any means but very usable.

z71rat

I too bought a CP for my boy's .22lr Mossberg, but I put it on my Stevens .308 just to give it a try. As of yet, I still haven't put it on my boy's .22!! I was very surprised with how clear the cheapo little scope really was. It has tracked great, and the parallax is spot on at 100 yards.

Pretty well pleased with the $70 investment!!

DK

glad it has worked for you. not everybody has 200.00 for glass. i have a banner scope on my 30-06 and planning to upgrade this year.for the 80.00 a couple of years ago it wasnt bad

I may have to check those out!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67