Thread: need info on a 99F

Dave in DE

need info on a 99F

Dad past a while back and just now getting into his safe. anyway in the corner we found a savage 99F ser.# puts it in 51. rifle is in very good condition, I'd say 85/90% but am not sure of but plate. information I've found say's it would be steel. could it be a red cushioned rubber? and what would be an approximate value? not that I'm selling just curious.
    P.S. it's a 308
    Thanks, Dave

99trix

Re: need info on a 99F

Dave,

The model 99F wasn't available until 1955 and late 55 early 56 for the 308, so I am guessing it is mid fifties vintage. The recoil pad is not factory, has the butt been cut? I should be slighty curved, if it is straight then it has been cut. Regardless being your father's it is priceless. Monetary value will depend on condition, whether the butt has been cut. If it has then the collector interest will be nil and the price will drop. Hope this helps.

Dave in DE

Re: need info on a 99F

99trix,
    don't know when Dad picked it up. yes, I guess I should correct info said date of 51 or later. sorry. don't know about stock being cut but would say from what you tell me it has been as the stock goes strait back. very well done as everthing lines up nice to stock. shame to here this though. was hoping it may be original. will try to post pic tomorrow