Thread: New member from Norfolk, Virginia

buddyle3

New member from Norfolk, Virginia

I'm Chris from Norfolk, Va. I'm a Navy veteran and currently a civilian Navy contractor. I am new to forums and new to this site. I grew up bird hunting and am fairly new to rifles. I've only owned rifles for about 5 years now. I started shooting rifles with my wifes SKS, then moved to a bolt action .270 and was hooked. I currently own a Savage 11VT (Dick's Sporting Goods Special). It's chambered in .308 with a 24" heavy barrel with a 1:10 RH twist. It's fitted with a Bell and Carlson stock, Caldwell bipod, Leupold ring/mounts and a 6-24 Bushnell optic. It's a blast to shoot. Extremely accurate out of the box. It loves the heavier ammo, so I get the joy of shooting the 168 and 175 SMK's. I currently reload for this application as well. I also own a .45 cal black powder, bolt action .22, pump action .22 and a .45 cal Springfield XD.

SD44
    Welcome and thanks for your service.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

RentonXD1
    Welcome Buddy Lee aka Boudrouex. Figured you'd hit this place up eventually just like me.

Berger.Fan222
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyle3 View Post
    I'm Chris from Norfolk, Va. I'm a Navy veteran and currently a civilian Navy contractor. I am new to forums and new to this site. I grew up bird hunting and am fairly new to rifles. I've only owned rifles for about 5 years now. I started shooting rifles with my wifes SKS, then moved to a bolt action .270 and was hooked. I currently own a Savage 11VT (Dick's Sporting Goods Special). It's chambered in .308 with a 24" heavy barrel with a 1:10 RH twist. It's fitted with a Bell and Carlson stock, Caldwell bipod, Leupold ring/mounts and a 6-24 Bushnell optic. It's a blast to shoot. Extremely accurate out of the box. It loves the heavier ammo, so I get the joy of shooting the 168 and 175 SMK's. I currently reload for this application as well. I also own a .45 cal black powder, bolt action .22, pump action .22 and a .45 cal Springfield XD.
    Welcome aboard. With that rig, you will be very competitive in the BB category of our monthly email matches. The rules are linked below. It is always a privilege to compete along side of Navy vets, and we'd love to have you join us. It's a friendly match and we all try and make each other better.

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ctive-01-02-12)

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service! BTW Renton it's spelled Boudreaux lol

Team Savage
    howdy,thanks for your service

Welcome - thank you for your service.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.