Thread: Tikka T3 Lite barrel threading.

Basic Member

Tikka T3 Lite barrel threading.

I know this is a savage forum (I own two if it makes any difference ).

So I waited to purchase two barrels from bugholes.com. They arrived, good. Now the only problem is the guy I spoke to about threading them to my tikka t3 basically disappears (Sinarms if you read this please contact me) - any recommendations? I've researched and it's 1x16" 60deg pitch and OD is 0.994. Just a shot... Didn't know where else to post so apologies in advance!

charb52
    Man I love those tikkas! I've had 2 now and both shot lights out

D.ID
    I have one t3 in 300wsm, Love it and it's a tack driver.
    Now that stocks and chassis are common for it.......it's my number two choice in rifles behind savage.
    If someone in the states where to offer a sak-age "barrel nut" barrel for them It would shake my foundations.
    Until then......light weight as is=great.
    Re-barelling one is a pain and it's just cheaper and easier to build a savage from the ground up.
    That being said: Any competent gunsmith should be able......... if there willing.

Basic Member
    True true. I have a 300wsm 10 and it is a tack driver. That might just be the case and I'll have to keep these two blanks until I need another savage barrel . Still though, these tikka barrels are darn accurate and the actions are butter smooth. Wish i was my own dang gunsmith lol.

D.ID
    One of these days I'm going to half to spring for my own lathe and mill just so I can address this specific issue personally. Not yet though, it's on my long term to do list though.

might want to try one of the tikka forums or over at snipershide there is a tikka thread sticky under bolt rifles that mentions a few smiths that do tikka work. I know these guys to tikka work: http://shortactioncustoms.com/

also pete lincoln with roedale precision does the tikka barrel nut available in prefits.. just his shop is in Germany. he used to have tikka action wrench and nuts available on his site for sale, just haven't looked in a while.

Twinsen
    Oops, you meant action threading not muzzle threading. I am no help.

D.ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Defuzer View Post
    might want to try one of the tikka forums or over at snipershide there is a tikka thread sticky under bolt rifles that mentions a few smiths that do tikka work. I know these guys to tikka work: http://shortactioncustoms.com/

also pete lincoln with roedale precision does the tikka barrel nut available in prefits.. just his shop is in Germany. he used to have tikka action wrench and nuts available on his site for sale, just haven't looked in a while.
    Roedale wants $600+ for one of there barrels, last I looked.
    For that price you might as well get it rebarreled traditionally.

Basic Member
    Chad at Long Rifles Inc can take care of you. His work is top notch.