Thread: Stuck ejector???

dnuke146

Stuck ejector???

So I was shooting my 10FCP in 308 today testing out some RL-15 loads and 178gr A-max. I was shooting some higher pressure loads, 44.8 and 45 grain loads when the cases failed to extract out of the gun and just sat in the bolt. Upon inspection I noticed the ejector was missing. I pulled the bolt and looked down in the ejector hole and could see what I thought was the broken remains of the ejector. Took it home and stripped the bolt, popped the ejector pin out and the ejector piece and spring would not come out, then I started wondering maybe that some brass shavings from the higher pressure rounds got into the ejector hole and jammed up the ejector making it stick back in the hole under recoil... Anyone had anything similar and any ideas how to get it out?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

dnuke146

Re: Stuck ejector???

Nevermind, if I had looked 5 posts down I would have found my answer:)

Thanks,

Doug

dnuke146

Just FYI, I had to drill it out and the spring was smushed(I know not technically correct but it was). Called SSS today at about 10:30am west coast time and, cant remember her name for the life of me now, but she got me out an ejector and spring on her lunch break via Express Mail, I needed by Wednesday, called me back and said it will be here tomorrow and that she threw in a ball detent and a spring for the extractor. At first I thought I had said extractor instead of ejector. She assured me that I had said ejector and she had shipped the ejector and assoc. spring but that she knew when people started messing around with the bolt heads that those detents and springs go flying... It was like she had known me all my life:) Anyway, great people, great service.

Doug

Basic Member

The lady you talked to was Lisa otherwise know as the Savage Queen. For as busy as they are, I am amazed at how sweet she always is.

You will know when you have gone over the abyss of Savagedom. That is when you talk to Lisa more than your wife.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day- Harry Truman